• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Poison prices... errata?

Eternalknight

First Post
Not sure if there is errata anywhere or this....

Wyvern poison costs 3000gp and does 2d6 Con/2d6 Con damage with a DC of 17 (injury).

Black lotus extract costs 2500gp and does 3d6 Con/3d6 Con damage with a DC 20 (contact).

Why is it so, grasshopper, when Black lotus extract is obviously more powerful?

Jeremy

Explorer
Because collecting black lotus, young grasshopper, while dangerous does not compare to bargaining with wyverns to fill the cup. Visual aids of cows grazing or not...

:D

Lord Ben

First Post
I suppose because you put injury poison on weapons, and you put contact poison on doorknobs. At least that's the way I've always understood it. In combat it's harder to counteract the poison. You have a better chance of detecting the contact poison, etc.

Last edited:

Mahiro Satsu

First Post
The injury poison is more dangerous in game terms, so therefor it should be more expensive. With contact poison in most cases you get some sort of check to notice it (spot, search) so it can be avoided. Poisoned weapons there ain't much you can do about other than not get hit.

Victim

First Post
What prevents someone from putting contact poison on a weapon? After all, hitting someone would definitely be making contact.

Gromm

First Post
Victim said:
What prevents someone from putting contact poison on a weapon? After all, hitting someone would definitely be making contact.

Nothing. Contact poison is the best poison, since it can be used in basically any manner (ingested, inflicted, just not inhaled).

Hence the errata.

Lord Ben

First Post
I don' t like contact used this way. Don't bump your hand with it, careful to let it rub off on the scabbard, etc. Harder to manage long-term is my opinion.

Jeremy

Explorer
Depends on when you do the application. As all poison is good for one use and one use only, if it is before jumping someone it's not going to matter for long.

Remove ads