Posession and Gestalt, ch7

Elfshire

First Post
So how do the vessel attacks work? On page 39 there is a list of individual attack bonuses for each npc, but the ritual writeup on page 74 states their attack bonus is based on the degree of the ritual's success. I can find nowhere in the pdf where both of these attack rolls are mentioned in the same paragraph, which leads me to think they're from different drafts in the process of writing chapter 7.

Are these bonuses meant to be added together?

hirou

Explorer
Page 74 (not the side bar, the main text) explicitly mentions attack bonuses from p.39, so those should be actual. I think that the bonuses (effectively, penalties to PC's Will defence) are indeed meant to be added together, as it makes sense that both the victim's mental capacity and arcane efficiency of the caster should influence the result.

As a side-note, by general 4ed rules, attacks against Will defence should have a modifier of level+3/+6/+9 (by heroic/paragon/epic tier) IIRC (maybe monsters don't get the scaling, but only static +3, I should check MM3 for that). By Obscurati palace the party should have attained 16th level, which puts "optimal" attack bonus at 19 or 22. Most of attack bonuses fro p.39 are significantly lower, so adding an additional bonus from ritual descriptions seems fair

Remove ads