Potential Disaster Averted

I got back from work at 3am. Got up this morning and saw a voicemail from last night from the building manager saying the room wasn't going to be available because they hadn't finished their work on time. I'm waiting to speak to the next person up the chain to see if I can browbeat them into letting us in anyway.

I will post here as soon as I know 100% what is happening and if we have to cancel. Assuming I don't go postal and get thrown in jail, anyway.

I'll also contact directly contact any of you for whom I have email addresses.

Sorry.

Jody

Edit: Disaster narrowly averted. But if anyone has a cooler, bring it. We'll be sans kitchen.

Last edited:

Cassander

First Post
Is there anything we can do to help? Can you convince them that we can use the room even if it's not all finished?

If we can't get the room tomorrow, is there anywhere else we might be able to hold it? I would assume not at this short notice. I guess we'd have to reschedule the gameday for a date when the room would be available, perhaps in a few weeks? Boy, that'd really suck for those planning to fly in to play.

Disaster partially averted

Ok, just got a call back from the building manager, and she's going to have them go down and fix it up enough for us to use. We won't have a working kitchen, but I think we can deal with that. If someone has a big cooler they could bring I can throw the soda in, we can get by.

Cassander

First Post
Rodrigo Istalindir said:
Ok, just got a call back from the building manager, and she's going to have them go down and fix it up enough for us to use. We won't have a working kitchen, but I think we can deal with that. If someone has a big cooler they could bring I can throw the soda in, we can get by.

Alas, I don't have a big cooler, but should we be bringing drinks and snacks?

And perhaps you should change the first post/subject of the thread so people don't read it and panic, thinking they have to cancel travel plans etc.

Btw, we'll still need the extra chairs, right? I believe I said I'd bring two, which I can still do.

I've got 6 12-packs of soda and was going to grab another two today. If you want to bring munchies to share with your group, that's cool.

Chairs is good. I was planning on doing a chair count today, but it looks like that ain't gonna happen. I've got 4 (plus my desk chair if I need it), I borrowed 8 from a friend (although 4 are a 'outdoor chairs' and a little scungy), and I've got another friend delivering 4 more tomorrow morning. So, better too many than too few.

Cassander

First Post
Quick question:

Will the kitchen be functional enough to have running water (ie for wet erase markers) or will we have to bring our own?

Remove ads