(PR MEG & Ambient)Librum Equtis volume 1 cover

Mystic Eye

First Post
Hi all,

Check out the print release version of the Librum Equitis cover at the MEG or Ambient sites and let us know what you think.

We are also holdling a simple contest to identify the three classes on the cover. Just check out the contests section at MEG as well to enter. it is a simple but fun one.

Some internal artwork from LE1 2.0 (print version) will be up soon as well.

Thanks,
Doug

johncolossus

First Post
ambient/MEG download vs print

Good news for Ambient Inc and Natural D20 Press working withh you to get print versions out. However just a wee query or 2.....for those of us that have been quick off the mark to support the pdf versions of the 3 products, do we miss out by not having the print versions because you mention for the 3 products they will be expanded with extra material. Or will you let there be free pdf downloads of the extra material? I think it will not be fair to support the people who downloaded early and gave these new groups their money. I am sure it will all come out in the wash.
Also when are you going to give any details on your other arcane mysteries products (tarot magic and powers of the flesh)? When do you anticipate their release? Is Blight Magic still on for a March release because there's been no more info on this either?

Many thanks for your answers
Cheers

Mystic Eye

First Post
Hi John,

We WILLwork something out for those that have the PDF versions of the product already, though we have not decided what that will be.
One of the reasons for the little drawing at our site is due to this fact. You have to already have LE1 to know what the classes are and enter the contest drawing.

It is a small token I know but it is a beginning. Also, I don't want to hurt sales at RPGnow so we WILL work something out.

Keep in mind that the PDf community is rather small in comparison to the general RPG consumer public so there will be a way to work out these details and not damage the revenues.

Besides, even if we give the balance of the material away to the PDF buyers I suspect some or many will still by a printed version, ALA Book of Eldritch Might. I own both.

On to your other questions:
Necromancer's Legacy (currently the Gar'Uduk book from Ambient) will be part of our magic line Arcane Mysteries. Look for it in July. It will be exapnded too. Again, we will work something out with PRGnow if you already own it or plan to buy future PDF based products.

Blight magic is going along great and should be good for late march, it may slip a tad but no more than week or two. This is a wickedly fun book being illustrated by Andy Hopp and written by Lil' Ol' me, and Jeffrey Carter of Gaming Frontiers and other writing credits.

Tarot Magic is in the works, the cover art is mostly done and it is a big book. We are NOT targeting a specific brand of tarot cards for this and are keeping it card brand generic. The Author is well versed in Tarot and has a very unique approach to this I think you will love.

Powes of the flesh: Really just in the beginning stages. It will detail several "flesh based" magic types, even tatoos, now I know this has been done before but I think it is a unique enough approach to be different. Also, it will only be a part of it.
Some others are:
Visceromancy
Blood magic
Plus some rituals based around torture and other nasty stuff for the bad guys in a campaign.
There is more but It may change some so I don't wantto say too much.

With our two new additions (Ambient and Natural 20 press as parnters) we may be shuffling around some of our current line up releases to accomidate our printers, etc. I will post something on that as soon as we have nailed it down.

Hope that helped to answer some questions and don't forget to stare long and deeply into the mystical blinking eye.

Why not simply allow the expanded material as updates on the Ambient site, like Monte does with Malhavoc Press products? This way, you're catering to the loyal fanbase, as well as demonstrating the author's abilities to people that may not have yet purchased an Ambient product.

Either way, its a win-win situation.

Just a thought...

Remove ads