PrC...Sister of Eternal Sleep

wallshot

First Post
forgive the poor formating, but...

The Sisterhood is comprised mostly of female clerics who grew frustrated with the male dominated heirarchy of the Reaper. Alanzanadra, a female Half-Blue Dragon, was said to have founded the order after she was denied higher advancement as a cleric of the Reaper. Rouges are often attracted to the order for their improved ability to conceal themselves in shadow. Few members of the other classes join this cult but they do exist occasionally.
Hit Die: d6

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become a Sister of Eternal Sleep a character must fullfill all of the following criteria.

Move silently: 6 ranks.
Hide: 6 ranks.
Knowledge (religon): 6 ranks.
Special: Must be a female follower of The Reaper.

CLASS SKILLS
The Sister of Eternal Sleep's class skills (and the key ability for each skill are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomancy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Knowledge(arcana) (Int), Knowledge(religion) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Scry (Int), Spellcraft (Int). See PHB Chapter 4 for skill descriptions.

Skill Points ar Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Lvl BAB Fort Ref Will Ablilities
1 +0 +0 +2 +0 Cover of Dark, Silent Step
2 +1 +0 +3 +1 Sneak attack +1d6
3 +2 +1 +3 +1 Send
4 +3 +1 +4 +1 Recall
5 +3 +1 +4 +2 Sneak attack +2d6
6 +4 +2 +5 +2 Reaper Step
7 +5 +2 +5 +3 Merciful Release
8 +6 +3 +6 +3 Sneak attack +3d6
9 +6 +3 +7 +3 Binding Duty
10 +7 +3 +7 +4 Harvest of Souls

Spells Per Day
Level 1 2 3 4

1 0
2 1
3 1 0
4 2 1
5 2 1 0
6 3 2 1
7 3 2 1 0
8 3 3 2 1
9 4 3 2 2
10 4 4 3 2

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class features of the Sister of Eternal Sleep prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The Sister of Eternal Sleep gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.
Spells: Beginning at 1st level, a Sister of Eternal Sleep gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells. To cast a spell, the Sister must have an Wisdom score of at least 10 + the spell’s level, so a Sister of Eternal Sleep with an Wisdom of 10 or lower cannot cast these spells. Sister of Eternal Sleep bonus spells are based on Wisdom, and saving throws against these spells have a DC of 10 + spell level + the sister’s Wisdom modifier (if any). When the Sister of Eternal Sleep gets 0 spells of a given level, such as 0 1st-level spells at 1st level, the Sister of Eternal Sleep gets only bonus spells. A Sister of Eternal Sleep without a bonus spell for that level cannot yet cast a spell of that level. The Sister of Eternal Sleep’s spell list appears below. A Sister of Eternal Sleep prepares and casts spells just as a cleric does.
Cover of Dark: At 1st level a Sister recieves a +10 concellment bonus to hide checks. There must be sufficient shadows avaliable to use this ability. In addition, character can also take 10 on all hide checks, even if rushed.

Silent Step: At 1st level a Sister receives a +10 competence bonus to move silent checks. In addition, character can also take 10 on all move silently checks, even if rushed.

Sneak Attack: At 2nd, 5th and 8th level, the Sister gains the sneak attack ability. If she already has sneak attack bonus damage, it stacks with her other sneak attack bonus

Send: At 3rd level the Sister gain the ability to send souls to their final resting place. By using this ability upon a recently deceased being, the soul is forced into leaving the material plane and immediatly returns to its chosen deity or some other unknown realm. This ability prevents a creature or character from being raised. Only a miracle or wish spell can be used to resurrect a soul that has been sent. She can use this ability a number of times per day equal to Sister of Eternal Sleep levels + Cha mod. It takes 1 use of this ability to send 1 creature/Sister of Eternal Sleep level. Sending does not affect Soul Mechs.

Recall: At 4th level the Sister of Eternal Sleep may ask a number of questions (equal to 1+cha mod) from any recently deceased body. Sister of Eternal Sleep must be able to speak the native tounge of the corpse and the body can not have been dead more than 24 hours, raised as undead, or sent.

Reaper Step: At 6th level Sister of Eternal Sleep can Shadow Walk as per the spell. The caster is equal to Sister of Eternal Sleep levels for determining duration and creatures affected. Anyone who the Sister chooses to abandon in the shadow plane only has a 50% minus 5% per hour chance of finding thier way back out.

Merciful Blow: At 7th level The Sister of Eternal Slumber can make a Coup de Grace as a standard action, as opposed to a full round action. If a creature is dying, the Coup de Grace is taken as a free action. Only one coupe de grace can be performed any single round. She is still subject to attacks of opportunity.

Binding Duty: At 9th level The Sister can force one creature with 10% or less of its total hit points to perform a simple duty. The duty can be as simple as "stay put" or "listen outside the door and tell me what you hear". The subject of this ability is allowed a will save (DC= 10 + Sister of Eternal Sleep lvl + Cha mod ). Once the task has been completed, the subject is rendered unconsious for 1d4 rounds from the physical exertion.

Harvest of Souls: At 10th level, a Sister of Eternal Sleep can force all creatures within a 50' radius with 5 or less hit dice to make a Fort save (DC = 10 + Sister of Eternal Sleep lvl + Cha mod ) or die. If they save, they only take 1d10 points of damage. For each creature killed in this manner, the Sister takes 1d4 points of damage. All creatures with more than 5 HD must make the same fort save or fall unconsious for d4 rounds, but take no damage otherwise. This ability may only be used once per week.

Sister of Eternal Sleep Spell List
Sister of Eternal Sleep choose their spells from the following list.
1st level----cause fear, cure light wounds, doom, inflict light wounds, obscuring mist, spider climb.
2nd level----cure moderate wounds, darkness, death knell, inflict moderate wounds, pass without trace.
3rd level----contagion, cure serious wounds, deeper darkness, inflict serious wounds, nondetection.
4th level----dimensional door, cure critical wounds, freedom of movement, inflict critical wounds, poison.

Created by WallShot

the PrC will appear on a unoffical resource site for DS www.cyberneticsorcery.net, and i want to make sure its balanced. any imput would be welcomed.

Last edited:

wallshot

First Post
umm...

anyone...anyone...anyone....

is it really that terrible that no one will even comment?

should i post this somewhere else to get a better response?

Ace

Adventurer
Just a bump for you.

The reason i suspect you are not getting responces is that too few people are comfortable with Dragon Star to make PRC's yet....

UD

First Post
Thats why Im not commenting, I am starting my Dragonstar campaign on wednesday. I think the prc may be a tad to powerful im not sure...

Imret

First Post
First, I admit I know nothing about Dragonstar...

...however, I do like it. But I suppose being able to rely on my players to not take PrClasses without good in-character reasons, it seems reasonable to me. It relies on fairly even multiclassing, which can hurt either Sneak Attack or spellcasting, or high levels of cross-class skills...but, as I said, I don't know anything about Dragonstar, so I don't know if Move Silently and Hide become class skills for clerics of the Reaper. If it does, I still like it. :)

Harvest of Souls is an interesting power, considering it's a good way to thresh through minor hordes at higher party levels without expending a lot of playing time in combats that don't affect the PC's much. I was looking at the save DC in regards to higher-level foes a while, but it seems balanced at only once per week.

But these are just the opinions of someone with no knowledge of the campaign setting, so I might be way off base. Consider it a long bump. :D

forgive the poor formating, but...

The Sisterhood is comprised mostly of female clerics who grew frustrated with the male dominated heirarchy of the Reaper. Alanzanadra, a female Half-Blue Dragon, was said to have founded the order after she was denied higher advancement as a cleric of the Reaper. Rouges are often attracted to the order for their improved ability to conceal themselves in shadow. Few members of the other classes join this cult but they do exist occasionally.
Hit Die: d6

REQUIREMENTS
To qualify to become a Sister of Eternal Sleep a character must fullfill all of the following criteria.

Move silently: 6 ranks.
Hide: 6 ranks.
Knowledge (religon): 6 ranks.
Special: Must be a female follower of The Reaper.

CLASS SKILLS
The Sister of Eternal Sleep's class skills (and the key ability for each skill are Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomancy (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Knowledge(arcana) (Int), Knowledge(religion) (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Profession (Wis), Scry (Int), Spellcraft (Int). See PHB Chapter 4 for skill descriptions.

Skill Points ar Each Level: 4 + Int modifier

Lvl BAB Fort Ref Will Ablilities
1 +0 +0 +2 +0 Cover of Dark, Silent Step
2 +1 +0 +3 +1 Sneak attack +1d6
3 +2 +1 +3 +1 Send
4 +3 +1 +4 +1 Recall
5 +3 +1 +4 +2 Sneak attack +2d6
6 +4 +2 +5 +2 Reaper Step
7 +5 +2 +5 +3 Merciful Release
8 +6 +3 +6 +3 Sneak attack +3d6
9 +6 +3 +7 +3 Binding Duty
10 +7 +3 +7 +4 Harvest of Souls

Spells Per Day
Level 1 2 3 4

1 0
2 1
3 1 0
4 2 1
5 2 1 0
6 3 2 1
7 3 2 1 0
8 3 3 2 1
9 4 3 2 2
10 4 4 3 2

CLASS FEATURES
All of the following are class features of the Sister of Eternal Sleep prestige class.
Weapon and Armor Proficiencies: The Sister of Eternal Sleep gains no additional weapon or armor proficiencies.
Spells: Beginning at 1st level, a Sister of Eternal Sleep gains the ability to cast a small number of divine spells. To cast a spell, the Sister must have an Wisdom score of at least 10 + the spell’s level, so a Sister of Eternal Sleep with an Wisdom of 10 or lower cannot cast these spells. Sister of Eternal Sleep bonus spells are based on Wisdom, and saving throws against these spells have a DC of 10 + spell level + the sister’s Wisdom modifier (if any). When the Sister of Eternal Sleep gets 0 spells of a given level, such as 0 1st-level spells at 1st level, the Sister of Eternal Sleep gets only bonus spells. A Sister of Eternal Sleep without a bonus spell for that level cannot yet cast a spell of that level. The Sister of Eternal Sleep’s spell list appears below. A Sister of Eternal Sleep prepares and casts spells just as a cleric does.
Cover of Dark: At 1st level a Sister recieves a +10 concellment bonus to hide checks. There must be sufficient shadows avaliable to use this ability. In addition, character can also take 10 on all hide checks, even if rushed.

Silent Step: At 1st level a Sister receives a +10 competence bonus to move silent checks. In addition, character can also take 10 on all move silently checks, even if rushed.

Sneak Attack: At 2nd, 5th and 8th level, the Sister gains the sneak attack ability. If she already has sneak attack bonus damage, it stacks with her other sneak attack bonus

Send: At 3rd level the Sister gain the ability to send souls to their final resting place. By using this ability upon a recently deceased being, the soul is forced into leaving the material plane and immediatly returns to its chosen deity or some other unknown realm. This ability prevents a creature or character from being raised. Only a miracle or wish spell can be used to resurrect a soul that has been sent. She can use this ability a number of times per day equal to Sister of Eternal Sleep levels + Cha mod. It takes 1 use of this ability to send 1 creature/Sister of Eternal Sleep level. Sending does not affect Soul Mechs.

Recall: At 4th level the Sister of Eternal Sleep may ask a number of questions (equal to 1+cha mod) from any recently deceased body. Sister of Eternal Sleep must be able to speak the native tounge of the corpse and the body can not have been dead more than 24 hours, raised as undead, or sent.

Reaper Step: At 6th level Sister of Eternal Sleep can Shadow Walk as per the spell. The caster is equal to Sister of Eternal Sleep levels for determining duration and creatures affected. Anyone who the Sister chooses to abandon in the shadow plane only has a 50% minus 5% per hour chance of finding thier way back out.

Merciful Blow: At 7th level The Sister of Eternal Slumber can make a Coup de Grace as a standard action, as opposed to a full round action. If a creature is dying, the Coup de Grace is taken as a free action. Only one coupe de grace can be performed any single round. She is still subject to attacks of opportunity.

Binding Duty: At 9th level The Sister can force one creature with 10% or less of its total hit points to perform a simple duty. The duty can be as simple as "stay put" or "listen outside the door and tell me what you hear". The subject of this ability is allowed a will save (DC= 10 + Sister of Eternal Sleep lvl + Cha mod ). Once the task has been completed, the subject is rendered unconsious for 1d4 rounds from the physical exertion.

Harvest of Souls: At 10th level, a Sister of Eternal Sleep can force all creatures within a 50' radius with 5 or less hit dice to make a Fort save (DC = 10 + Sister of Eternal Sleep lvl + Cha mod ) or die. If they save, they only take 1d10 points of damage. For each creature killed in this manner, the Sister takes 1d4 points of damage. All creatures with more than 5 HD must make the same fort save or fall unconsious for d4 rounds, but take no damage otherwise. This ability may only be used once per week.

Sister of Eternal Sleep Spell List
Sister of Eternal Sleep choose their spells from the following list.
1st level----cause fear, cure light wounds, doom, inflict light wounds, obscuring mist, spider climb.
2nd level----cure moderate wounds, darkness, death knell, inflict moderate wounds, pass without trace.
3rd level----contagion, cure serious wounds, deeper darkness, inflict serious wounds, nondetection.
4th level----dimensional door, cure critical wounds, freedom of movement, inflict critical wounds, poison.

Created by WallShot

the PrC will appear on a unoffical resource site for DS www.cyberneticsorcery.net, and i want to make sure its balanced. any imput would be welcomed.
This is an awesome class.

aco175

Legend
Not sure he will see it, only 19 years since his last post. This was from before there was tags, let alone 4e or 5e. Great rez.

Remove ads