Prestige Question

ediz

Explorer
What does prestige level 3 mean?

So if your party has a level 3 for Flint, does it mean that most people in the city knows who they are?

My group just started adventure 3 and I am concerned that they may be too famous to go undercover without some serious disguise abilities.

By the way, is Colleen Fuel Prospectus a local Flint company or is it based in the capitol?

Thanks!

Elfshire

First Post
No idea about the Fuel Prospectus, but page 21 of the (revised) Player's Guide specifically says that prestige three means that "most members of the group know about [the party's] actions and talents." So yes, if they have a prestige of 3 with Flint, most people on the street will know who the constables are, or at least that they're with the RHC, even if they're not wearing a badge or something.

They could probably get around this with Disguise/Bluff I suppose, but I don't think Chapter 3 involves much undercover work...?

Bear in mind this is pre-modern fame. Introduce yourself as Constable Yorke, and most people in Flint would recognize the name. "Oh yeah, you're one of the guys who took down Macbannin! How can I help you, sir?"

But I imagine that even if the setting had photography (which I'm sort of intentionally vague on) the RHC would probably have a policy of not having portraits of its constables in the papers.

Remove ads