• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ptolus- Palace of the Silver Princess (Campy)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
As Carl approaches he sees that a shiny pendant on a silver chain rests on top of the pedestal. He reaches forward to touch it, but pulls his hand back in surprise as if something surrounding the pendant had shocked him.

Carl
[sblock]
As you reach out to touch the jewelry an evil laugh reaches your ears, almost as if some insane ghost stood laughing by your side.
[/sblock]

Mista Collins

First Post
"I heard laughing; evil laughing." Carl says as he stands there eying the pendant. "It sounded as if he was by my side."

Carl backs away a bit and looks to Petey. "Since you seem to know so much of this place, what is going on?"

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Petey gives Carl a quizzical look before flying over to his shoulder and staring at the silver pendant. "Hmm... well boss, I've seen that thing around before, I have. My formerly-alive master had a little bit of skill in the divination school of magic, although in retrospect he probably could have used a bit more considering how he met his end and all that. Anyways... he cast a spell from a scroll that allowed him to see a moment in the past, and he focused on the top bit of this castle that looks blown to pieces. After a moment of this concentration, he and I got to see the interior of the place moments before it went bye-bye... Anyways, from the vision that I saw it appeared as if there was an alchemist and his laboratory. This alchemist had a crazy look in his eye and kept muttering to himself as he poured all such of potions into one another. He didn't look as if he was quite right in the head and one of his mixtures began rattling about until it exploded in a cloud of fire and glass. Not quite a big deal, you would think at first. It seemed to have killed the alchemist, but otherwise the room and part of the castle was intact. Well, up until the small fire that had formed reached some of the other potions and Pow! Bam!" Petey exclaims as he raises his hands up excitedly, before saying quietly "Chain reaction. From what we could tell as the vision faded, the continual explosions rocked the top floors of the castle and a whole wing of the structure went up into tiny bits until it looked as it looks now. Now here's the crazy part, folks... that alchemist kept giggling and laughing a weird evil laugh, and he kept carressing a silver pendant that looked just like this one. If it's one and the same, then I can't quite tell you how it got here though. The vision didn't get into that."

Erekose13

Explorer
"Your master would appear to have been more intelligent than we originally believed. His fate seemingly incongruous with his purported power. In any case that which lies before us might contain the consciousness of the fell alchemist. I wonder if it would be in our best interests to hasten him to his desired conclusion." says Thym.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Petey looks oddly at Thym and asks, "Destroy it? You intend to beat the medallion with a club or melt it somehow? I don't exactly see a roaring fire."

OOC: Still waiting for the actions from the rest of the party. Regardless, expect an update Monday.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Petey takes to the air and lands next to the silver pendant, then allows a little flame to ignite on his fingertip and puts the fire on top of the jewelry. After a few moments he extinguishes his finger and looks back at the party. "Well, it looks like fire damages the thing so if we expose the silver to a high temperature maybe we could melt the sucker if you gents got some way to do so. Then again, maybe that won't do what you want to do." He shrugs.

Erekose13

Explorer
"I think we should destroy it. Anyone have any source of heat or flame? A torch even? A source of evil as this appears to be, might be the key we need to reveal." says Thym.

ooc: okay so I'm not the best at rhyming. I think we are down to just the two of us around and neither of our characters has any fire... :( actually none of the characters do... how are we able to see?

Remove ads