Questions for Monte Cook?

A2Z

Explorer
If you were to do a book or adventure for a planar related campaign (a la Planescape) what would it be based on/about?

Holden MaGroin

First Post
1) Before 3E, what is your favorite module that you wrote? Why?

2) Before 3E, what is your least favorite module that you wrote? Why? (could be something that was edited down or changed)

3) In terms of 3E/d20 products, I've noticed that, in addition to the WotC products you have still coming out, you've released adventures and rulebooks under your own Malhavoc imprint as well as other d20 companies (Atlas, Fiery Dragon, etc.). What makes a product Malhavoc-worthy? What steers a product toward freelance companies? Are you concious of the fact that you're writing for your competition when you're designing an adventure freelance?

4) If you could game with anyone, who would it be?

- HM

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Barendd Nobeard
What's the worst dungeon (or portion thereof) you've ever designed? What made it so bad? Do you ever use it? Could it be fixed? If so, how?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CRGreathouse said:

This would actually be a great question to ask... a nice way to get some info on proper design, along with some humor.

Well, it really is a question I would ask. Enough with the "favorites" questions--dredge up the dark, unhappy past! ;)

Seriously, I think such questions are interesting--especially buried in the middle of more "positive" questions.

Frostmarrow said:
Barendd Nobeard: -What's the worst dungeon (or portion thereof) you've ever designed? What made it so bad? Do you ever use it? Could it be fixed? If so, how?

Monte Cook: -Well, I don't know. Oh yes, The Orc and the Pie turned out to be a disappointment. The plot was too intricate, the opposition too powerful and quite frankly - it could have used some dungeon dressing.

LOL, Frostmarrow!

But "The Orc and the Pie" isn't bad. It's brilliant!

Omegium said:

What plans does malhavoc have for the future, except for BoEM2?

Well, I'm not Monte by any means, but you can expect the following from Malhavoc Press later this year:

1. Book of Eldritch Might II will be released in about five weeks (May for the print version).

2. The Banewarrens (mega-adventure) will be released "soon" after tBoEM II and will see an August print release.

3. The Book of Hallowed Might (divine version of tBoEM), will be released "later this year".

Well, that's all for the Monte scoops I have today. :)

Remove ads