Pathfinder 2E Quick Rant - Adventure level

cranberry

Adventurer
I'm looking for a new PF2 adventure for a new group who will be first level.

As I peruse the available options, I've noticed that many of them (both official and 3rd party) don't clearly indicate the character level(s) the adventure is intended for.

Why is is so hard to simply display that info on the front cover? TSR did it with all of it's modules in the 80's...

/end rant

Retreater

Legend
Different times, I guess. For the most part, we're not browsing cover art in a book store while the book is also shrink wrapped on a shelf. We can research and read reviews online, which helps far more than seeing a level range on a cover. You'll know theme, if it fits your style, etc.
That said, I think the best stand alone adventure they have for that level range (1-6) is Crown of the Kobold King.

Different times, I guess. For the most part, we're not browsing cover art in a book store while the book is also shrink wrapped on a shelf. We can research and read reviews online, which helps far more than seeing a level range on a cover. You'll know theme, if it fits your style, etc.
That said, I think the best stand alone adventure they have for that level range (1-6) is Crown of the Kobold King.
The problem is it isn’t even consistent on the Paizo store whether the level info is clearly displayed. I know they mentioned upgrading their store as a project they’re working on in the near future and I really hope they improve how you can search for things. Their website needs a lot of work.

For OP, are you looking for a one-shot or a short campaign? I’m guessing you’re not looking for a long campaign AP.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Third party publisher here. (Here's our PF2e Adventures)

We don't put level on the front cover, but we put it on the back for print books or the description for PDF books. I guess it just made more sense to me to have it there since that's where I go to actually decided if the book is something I want to get or not.

I'm curious if the front cover specifically is a big deal for you, or if description good enough.

cranberry

Adventurer
Third party publisher here. (Here's our PF2e Adventures)

We don't put level on the front cover, but we put it on the back for print books or the description for PDF books. I guess it just made more sense to me to have it there since that's where I go to actually decided if the book is something I want to get or not.

I'm curious if the front cover specifically is a big deal for you, or if description good enough.

A front cover doesn't matter to me. I just want a quick way to determine if I should read further.

Remove ads