D&D 5E Radiomancy (moving healing/radiant spells to a new type)

Stormonu

Legend
Actually, I keep finding myself thinking back to the god Rad of Mystara (Stephen d'Amberville) and "the Radiance", which was essentially (nuclear) radioactivity.

So ... killin' 'em or curing them with rads and making them glow in the dark. (Hmm, maybe faerie fire needs to go on this list...)

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
Videomancers killed the radiomancers. Yeah. I remember that song.

%#%#! Someone beat me to it.
nnja.jpg

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
I go with Vivomancy. AS the other (life-giving/positive energy) side of the Necromantic coin, that makes the most sense. Though I am also partial to "Vivocation" since it is more of a direct "energy/light" generating/warping/using.

Collectively, I have the actual school being "Pneumamancy" - pneuma: greek (I think) for "breath" or "spirit/essence of life."

So it is the Arcane school of dealing with Spirit/Soul/Life/Death...and so, the misunderstood "forbidden art" of dealing with the negative and entropic energies of Death and the Spirits of the Dead, is just one part of it...not, specifically about making/using/conjuring Undead, as they are so unfairly accused... and the other can be "positive energy/white mage" casters. Either can effect "healing" to varying degrees. The Vivomancers are far superior at it, of course. But if you need to Speak with Dead...weeeeeeellllll, you probably want talk to one of those Necromancer guys.

Stormonu

Legend
So it is the Arcane school of dealing with Spirit/Soul/Life/Death...and so, the misunderstood "forbidden art" of dealing with the negative and entropic energies of Death and the Spirits of the Dead, is just one part of it...not, specifically about making/using/conjuring Undead, as they are so unfairly accused... and the other can be "positive energy/white mage" casters. Either can effect "healing" to varying degrees. The Vivomancers are far superior at it, of course. But if you need to Speak with Dead...weeeeeeellllll, you probably want talk to one of those Necromancer guys.
To be fair, a vivomancer can get you the answers too, you just might have to go have lunch with them first because it's been a while since they'd had a proper meal after being dead so long. Beats leaving the poor soul sitting upright in a coffin waiting for you to ask that last question...

Remove ads