D&D 5E Ranger (Non-Spellcasting Variant)

NotAYakk

Legend
First, please highlight differences. Or even include baseline features by reference.

I don't really want to read over PHB copy-paste stuff? It gets in the way.

Second Wind:
No, don't steal another class's class feature.

Favoured Foe:
Really, you get an ability and it upgrades in 1 level? Come on.

Terrain Expertise:
Feature should mention the level you get it in description. This one looks out of order.

"In your favored terrain, you double your proficiency bonus with those skills. These bonuses do not stack."

This is not 5e wording. "Stack" is not a 5e game term.

"When in your favored terrain, whenever you add your proficiency with these skills, instead add twice your proficiency."

That is more like standard 5e wording.

Wilderness Medicine:
The term is Wisdom(Medicine) not Medicine.

The "nonmagical" is a bit of a punch in the gut.

How about allow a new save against the disease with advantage, and no penalty from failing this save?

Environmental Resilience:
These kind of ideas are good, but I'd lean into it more.

Group Stealth
Maybe use proficiency bonus allies?

This looks intended to be an out of combat ability, but isn't. I'm not sure how it works in combat.

"Within favored terrain, allies within 50' of the Ranger can use the Ranger's Dexterity(Stealth) check to hide. If they cease moving they can continue to use the roll even if they are more than 50' away."?

Set Ambush:
Very awkwardly worded.

Improved Wilderness Medicine
Why is getting proficiency delayed until here? How is this a level 17 feature at the same level as "cast wish 1/day"?

Dungeon Stalker Subclass

Prerequisites: Underdark must have been chosen as the character’s favored terrain.

Are there any subclasses in 5e that depend on another build choice? Why are you starting here?

This looks like a weakened "Gloomstalker" subclass.

Remove ads