[recruitment] Dungeons & Dragons 5e Game seeking new players, online maptool game Saturday night

DarinCo

First Post
Our long-running D&D game is being rebooted in 5e Rules. The Empire Lands D&D game is our long-running D&D game set in a homebrew world using elements of Forgotten Realms, Eberron, Greyhawk and other material. The game runs in Roll20 on Saturday night from 8:30 Eastern time until 11:30 Eastern, sometimes later depending on the wishes of the players. We're looking for one to three new players to restart the game in 5th Edition AD&D. Characters will be starting at 1st level with 27 points to spend on your ability scores. The cost of each score is shown on the Ability Score Point Cost table. For example, a score of 14 costs 7 points. Using this method, 15 is the highest ability score you can end up with, before applying racial increases. You can’t have a score lower than 8. You can also use feats, provided you stick to the rules for them. If you want to use non-standard races or classes, they have to be from material published by Wizards of the Coast, but can come from magazines, online content or playtest material. You can also submit non-standard material, so long as it is not too weird or outrageous. Send it to me at DarinCo@aol.com
The game in Roll20 will be called Empire Lands DnD, email me at the above address for a link to the game. If you can't make that, don't worry, we can work you in later. Although we're starting at 1st level, I may bump you a level or two relatively early on. We're going to be playing the adventure "Storm King's Thunder" by Wizards of the Coast, but modified for my game world.

Thanks for your time.

D.

Last edited:

DarinCo

First Post
It's been suggested to me that more information about my game would help people to make a decision about playing. So, here goes . The Empire is a huge place, with many different cultures and peoples within it. The Empire (it has no other real name) has been relatively stable for the last few thousand years, and so has been making progress in magic and technology. Like Eberron they have magitek railroads, airships and communications. There is even a chance to teleport, if you have gold enough, or influence.The current ruler of the Empire is Empress Carline. By tradition and law, The Empress has a consort, known as Lord Grant. Lord Grant appears to be about the same age as Carline. Rumor has it that Grant may in fact be a dragon. The reason for this speculation is that the first emperor, all those centuries ago, attained his position and consolidated the Empire by making a deal with the Great Dragons. The first Emperor and each one afterward seemed to have an extended lifespan long beyond those of normal humans. For example, the last Emperor, Sennet II, was on the throne for some 1200 years. The current Empress, though she appears young, has in fact ruled for some 40 years. Despite the stability granted by a powerful Empress and nearly-immortal Great Dragons, there are still plots, intrigues and adventures. Factions vie for position within the Imperial hierarchy, alliances are made and broken, the hand that pats you on the back may have a knife in it. Further, there are People and monsters running amok, evil arch-enemies with plans, armies of darkness waiting to pounce, and even the odd renegade dragon or godling to deal with. You may find yourself hobnobbing with royals on one day or sneaking through an alley with a group of beggars the next. From a meta standpoint, the Empire is deliberately vague in order to allow for player development and for DM flexibility. If you want to be a Half-Ork from a mountain top monastery, the Empire has room for you. If you want to be a Magic-shooting riverboat gambler, we can do that too.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases