Rehabilitating Paragon Multiclassing

MwaO

Adventurer
I would not say that that is a good build which promotes your case. You've spent all of your feats getting warlord powers and class features AND you've spent your turn 1 opening kata doing performing what was wholly a leader function (you could counter-argue that you did mark, but you just set your party striker on the target and gave him a free crit, so that mark is of dubious utility), which begs the question, why are you playing a fighter over a warlord in the first place?

On a not-Tier 1 build. "Sorry, you're too effective at killing a target without even spending an AP, so what's the point of having Defender features, Rain of Blows, and CaGI on tap after the 1st round of a combat?"

And the reason you're playing a Fighter is that not every party has a Warlord as a leader and at the same time, wants a competent Defender. Which the build still is after round 1.

Zathris

First Post
What exactly is this showcasing about PMC vs Hybrid or a couple power swaps + ResMan though? I guess it's a bit better on the Defender side with both +1 hit and Superiority, but I can trade the lost feats for HT and Flail stuff anyway...

MwaO

Adventurer
What exactly is this showcasing about PMC vs Hybrid or a couple power swaps + ResMan though? I guess it's a bit better on the Defender side with both +1 hit and Superiority, but I can trade the lost feats for HT and Flail stuff anyway...

It technically has something of a superior 'Warlord' than a hybrid, because its MC feat'ure' goes off every AP, not just once an encounter after spending the Hybrid Talent feat. And this can be enhanced further with Bravura Leader feat or possibly even the Skirmishing Leader feat.

Better armor, surges, hp, the ability to mark on a Warlord attack(yeah, maybe Death from Two Sides takes the opponent out, but then again, maybe it doesn't), +1 to hit, Combat Superiority. In a party that lacks both a Warlord and Defender in groups that tend to over invest in Striker, this is a good PC to have around. And that's a reasonably common group.

Practical Play - reasonably straightforward for practical play. There's no sudden 'wait, boy do I suck' moment throughout.

------

I'm not claiming it is better than Fighter|Warlord, but it is at least at the point of being interesting provided you're doing strong power selection. And there are a number of other builds(Int-using classes without a lot of strong power choices picking up Wizard or Swordmage, Dex-using classes who need a lot of movement picking up Monk or Rogue, or the obvious Ranger for Twin Strike and a couple of minor action attacks. Cleric can be quite strong for a number of classes. Etc...)

Remove ads