second edition question

phanpy567

First Post
does anyone know of a second edition weapon that is made out of unicorn horns is an artifact and has the slaying properties on it

Citan Uzuki

Explorer
The closest artifact that I could find that has a unicorn horn as part of its make-up is the Sword of Kas, in which only its guards are made of the horn. It does not have any slaying properties on it, however.

I am curious as to what you are looking for, regarding specifics? Are you pulling an item from elsewhere, such as a later edition or a realm that isn't where a DM's world is at? I ask because 1) I am indeed curious and 2) some DMs don't allow some things due to the amount of power they may have.

phanpy567

First Post
well we play in a campaign where we roll random treasure out of 4 books full of magic items on is green one is red one is blue and one is black and each has a chart in it that you can roll random treasure out of sometimes it tells you to go to a different book and a party member got a bow made of unicorn horn and makes unlimited arrows with the slaying property on them i am pretty sure it is sencond edition the reason i am doing this is because i want to buy the bow and it might not be an artifact however it would be pretty close to it

Last edited:

Citan Uzuki

Explorer
If it's a roll out of 4 books with magical items.. that would be the Encyclopedia Magica.
The closest thing I found (though the bow isn't made of unicorn horn) is the Iron Bow of Gesen. It is an Artifact, creates its own arrows, and does allow an arrow of slaying every day. It's possible that the DM might've decided that it is made of unicorn horn instead.

Remove ads