WotC Shadow of the Dragon Queen Preorder Report

Did you receive your preorder of Shadow of the Dragon Queen from the WotC store?

• Not yet

Votes: 13 33.3%
  • Yes, I received it!

Votes: 14 35.9%
  • I preordered elsewhere and didn't receive it yet

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I preordered elsewhere and received it!

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • I received the notice of shipping/tracking number

Votes: 4 10.3%

• Poll closed .

Knorrrssk

Explorer
Well, I've cancelled my pre-order anyway. Not happy with their response to the OGL stuff. Just picked up the book on it's own from the local shop. A shame as I was planning on going all in on the figures, but not now. Will use my old ral partha stuff.

pukunui

Legend
More than a week later, I've finally had a response from WotC's customer support. This is what they've had to say:

Thank you for your patience while we have investigated your concern and apologize for the continued delay. It appears that your order experienced an error in making it out of the warehouse on time. Unfortunately, this issue affected several customer orders and had to be thoroughly investigated before we could respond. We will be sending your contact to our partners at Scalefast to continue assisting with this issue.

So more waiting ...

Stormonu

Legend
I wonder if this might be a case that shipments were prioritized to distributors (who may have ordered ahead of orders on Beyond) for product and more is having to be shipped in to fill the remainder? With the seperate board game coming out later, I don't know if that was a deliberate delay (like with Monsters of the Multiverse) or an issue of not having produced enough product to cover the order volume, and a scramble for a 2nd print run.

Remove ads