D&D 5E Shoreline Adventures

My players went off-script last session and now I need to prep something for the shoreline for my next session. Since this is just one of many ways they could choose to go, though, I would like to use something off the DMG instead of an official book (not to mention PDFs don't have shipping times, as much as I prefer hard copies). Any suggestions? We're doing Hoard of the Dragon Queen.

I'm not worried about getting back on track with the storyline. That's already been figured out, no matter what their current choice ends up being. However, after being stuck in the caravan (and soon another one) it would be nice to have something short to switch things up for a bit. If they choose to go on to Waterdeep, I have lots of things to draw from, but none of my current resources focus on the shoreline.

We are almost to Daggerford, on the way to Waterdeep.

Ghosts of Saltmarsh is good for lots of coastal content, including the Saltmarsh House itself. There is some coastal content in Sleeping Dragon's Wake.

Ghosts of Saltmarsh is good for lots of coastal content, including the Saltmarsh House itself. There is some coastal content in Sleeping Dragon's Wake.
I'll have to check out Sleeping Dragon's Wake. I won't be able to get a hardcopy of Ghosts in time to prep, unfortunately. I'll get PDFs for shorter adventures if I have to, and then print them out, but I can't do it for a full campaign.

Remove ads