Pathfinder 2E Simplified PF2e?

mellored

Legend
So, and I don't mean to exactly be sarcastic about this, but if you read me as cocking an eye at it, damage and nothing but? That seems kind of--extreme.
I suggest removing most conditions. There are like 30 of them. Reduce it to 5 or so.

IMO: keep flat footed, clumsy, drained, enfeebled and stupefied, and immobilized.
And only use forced movement if your playing on a grid.

But it really depends on how simple you want it to be.

And again, you can always add them back at any time.

Maybe even slowly increasing the amount as you level. So add grapple at level 5, blind at level 7, stealth rules at level 10...

Prof_Dogg

Explorer
I suggest removing most conditions. There are like 30 of them. Reduce it to 5 or so.

IMO: keep flat footed, clumsy, drained, enfeebled and stupefied, and immobilized.
And only use forced movement if your playing on a grid.

But it really depends on how simple you want it to be.

And again, you can always add them back at any time.

Maybe even slowly increasing the amount as you level. So add grapple at level 5, blind at level 7, stealth rules at level 10...
Actually a generic and general shift from grid combat to Theatre of the Mind would in itself aid a great deal to simplifying the game as most of the more complex rules revolve around tactical grid combat. Take that away and the supporting mechanics and you would have a very stripped down game.

Remove ads