• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Skill Feats

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I have been toying with the idea of some feats that help Skills

PRODIGY
Preq: Must be taken at first level.

You get starting skill points and bonus skill points as if your intelligence was (either 2 or 4 points higher, haven't decided). Also every 4 levels you can choose a non exclusive skill and that skill becomes a class skill for you

Ability Aptitude
This feat can be taken multiple times. 1 per ability

You get a +2 to any skills that rely on you chosen ability.

eg. Ability Aptitude Dexterity. +2 to all Dex skill.

Thats it, comments, questions welcome

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I believe Cosmopolitan allows one skill to become a class skill, right?

A feat that allows one skill to become a class skill every four levels- nope.

Say that Cosmopolitan is too weak. That it should allow two non-exclusive skills to become class skills. Then Prodigy (with the +2 effective intelligence) would be exactly equal to it.

Say you were making a 17th level character, and you wanted him to have two more cross-class skills with 10 ranks. You could either:

a) spend one cosmopolitan and one prodigy to buy 20 total ranks at 1 skill point, or
b) spend two prodigies to buy 20 ranks at 2 skill points per rank.

I'm inclined to think that Cosmopolitan is a bit on the weak side, so if Prodigy is available only at first level, I'd say fine.

Dagger75

Epic Commoner
I did make it so prodigy had to be taken at first level. It also for those people with lower int but want more skills. If you have 10 int, with the prodigy Feat you would have an effective 12 (or 14 haven't decided on the bonus) intelligence when calculating Skill points. eg a fighter with 10 int gets (2+0 (10 int no bonus) x 4= 8 skill points. With prodigy the same fighter gets (2+1(effective 12 int) x 4 = 12 skill points.

Then over 20 levels you only have 5 additional class skills. That doesn't seem overly powerful

I have no idea where you got the cosmopolitian rant added to mine.

Remove ads