Software release available: RPM

Luke

Explorer
The download is available from http://www.enworld.org/roleplayingmaster .

This release is the culmination of a month's worth of major and minor fixes and features.
A lot of detail is available at this message thread .

There are some features that I'm sure will prove very popular.

The long-awaited birth of "little Lachlan" :) has definitely effected my ability to progress work on RPM, but I'm hopeful that I'm now turning a corner, and will soon get the beta release under way.
I haven't been able to respond to e-mails as I normally would, and apologize to those expecting a response, who may have "slipped through the cracks".

Regards,

Last edited:

CRGreathouse

Community Supporter
Good. I've downloaded it now.

I think I've already broken it, though - I got a "script error" dialog box:

Code:
3576:  
3577:     var		c	= global.Creatures.getCurrent();
3578:  
3579:     var		atts, stat, currStat, weaps, s, critMult, str, critRange,
3580:     		isNatural, toDelete, attName;
3581:  
3582:     atts	= 0;
3583:     stat	= "";
3584:  
3585:     tabAtt.First();
3586:     while( :):):)abAtt.Eof )
3587:     {
3588:     	// name		= g_makeStr( tab.FieldValues( "Name" ) );
3589:  		weaps	= 0;
3590:         toDelete	= false;
3591:  		isNatural	= false;
3592:         currStat	= "";
3593:         attName		= "";
3594:         tabAttWeap.First();
3595:         while( :):):)abAttWeap.Eof && :):):)oDelete )

I was in the Attacks tab and tried to add a weapon (in hopes of TWF).

This error is fatal; it requires the program to exit (if your try to cancel, it just comes up again).

The error is just a key violcation, btw - only one weapon is allowed! My questions:
* Is there a way to fight with 2 weapons?
* Is there a way to disable this "add" button so the program can't be crashed like that?

Edit: the smile'd out text is "!"+"t" in all three cases.

Last edited:

Luke

Explorer
Re: Error

CRGreathouse said:
I was in the Attacks tab and tried to add a weapon (in hopes of TWF).

This error is fatal; it requires the program to exit (if your try to cancel, it just comes up again).

The error is just a key violcation, btw - only one weapon is allowed! My questions:
* Is there a way to fight with 2 weapons?
* Is there a way to disable this "add" button so the program can't be crashed like that?

Thanks Charles. This is because you are actually re-using the same weapon twice. If you want 2 weapon fighting, with the same weapon type, you need to have 2 separate entries (eg. 2 different shortswords), and add the 2 different ones as separate weapons to the attack.

I'll get in a fix to prevent the error condition.

Regards,

Luke

Explorer
CRGreathouse said:
So double weapons are impossible?

I thought that might be the next question ;)

I'm currently working on that, as part of the full combat model. An exciting time.

It looks as though double weapon will be a fighting style choice - as in "Single Weapon", "Weapon & Shield", "Two Weapon", "Single Weapon - 2 hands", "Single Weapon - 2 hands", and now, "Double Weapon".

Regards,

Last edited:

Luke

Explorer
CRGreathouse said:

Hey, you *know* I'm trying to give you a hard time. :D

Keep it coming! It's very important to me that RPM is both very comprehensive, and correct. If that's not hard enough, somehow it also has to be easy :rolleyes:

BTW: The miscellaneous feats effects are starting to be incorporated, along with modifier entries showing how the attack and damage bonuses are derived.
If you've played with executing skill checks, you'll be familiar with the modifiers lists where you can select/deselect certain modifiers. I'm thinking of doing the attacks the same way.
For example, though RPM can do automatic distance calculation through the BattleMap, you're not forced to use it. In such cases, you'll have to decide on a per-case basis, whether the modifiers such as "Point Blank Shot" apply (less than 30'?).

Looking interesting...

Last edited:

Remove ads