EN World Some stats!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This is nice to see. According to Google Analytics, EN World got 448K new readers this last month.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 10.36.46.png

Average age is 25-34. Second highest group is 18-24.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 10.41.25.png

Male/Female is only 14%, which isn't high enough.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 10.42.39.png

By a massive amount, the front (news) page is the (unsurprisingly) most read page.

Overall, 5.4M readers. About 60% USA, 8.5% UK, 7% Canada, 3.6% Australia, 2.2% Brazil.

Screenshot 2019-11-08 at 10.50.51.png

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Very cool! Here's those translated to per 100,000 population:

US - 991 per 100K
UK - 523 per 100K
CA - 1080 per 100K
AU - 793 per 100K
BR - 58 per 100K
Germany - 125 per 100K
Italy - 152 per 100K
Netherlands - 414 per 100K
Sweden - 494 per 100K
Spain - 96 per 100K

When we have 0.5%-1% of the total polulation of some countries visiting the site, I count that as a big win. Congratulations!

Now, if I was a real numbers wonk I would also refine that again by % English fluency per nation.

(Population source: Population by Country (2019) - Worldometers)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well there are 15 million D&D players in North America alone, according to WotC. If we just take that as the US for simplicity (I know it's not that simple), that's nearly 5% of the population.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
While these stats are cool, I don't remember ever telling google my age, or anything else really other than my name. (though I'm hardly a 'new reader', it's the fact that google seems to know people's ages that's concerning)

The ENWorld site knows my age, and that's fine because by entering it I gave permission.

R_J_K75

Legend
While these stats are cool, I don't remember ever telling google my age, or anything else really other than my name. (though I'm hardly a 'new reader', it's the fact that google seems to know people's ages that's concerning)

The ENWorld site knows my age, and that's fine because by entering it I gave permission.

I believe google invented the android app which is used on alot of cell phones. I remember having to link a google gmail account to activate my first smart phone. My point being is Im sure its not hard for them to figure out your age, among just about anything else they want about you. Ive given up the idea of privacy when Im out in public.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm pretty sure Google can deduce your age based on lots of clever algorithms. It's all anonymised, though; Google Analytics only provides aggregate stats, not individuals.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
While these stats are cool, I don't remember ever telling google my age

Do you have a Gmail account? Go to your Account -> Personal info, and check. If you have a android phone that uses that Google account, they probably have your age, as it is required to prove that you are of age to contract business with them.

If you are browsing EN World from a browser that's also logged in to your Google account, they can take any data from that account, and hook it to your browsing and report, "a person of this age viewed your web page".

Remove ads