Spear and Shield Fighter

Dross

Explorer
Diomeneus said:
Feats: Weapon focus (longsword), weapon spec (longsword),

Wouldn't shortsword be a bit more of a thematic fit?

Javelins?

There was a feat (AEG Mercanaries? maybe even dragon) that allowed the use of a spear or longspear and sheild.

Kmart Kommando

First Post
Best way to fix it would be making a spear a two-handed simple weapon and a one-handed martial weapon. No freakin' way those were short spears.

Oh, and all those Spartans were Iron Heroes Armigers. ;) The fixed version, anyway.

DreadArchon

First Post
Those weren't short spears.

Hmmm, does "Shield and Pike Style" (use a light shield at the same time as a two-handed piercing reach weapon) from Dragon also let you use longspears one-handed, or do you still need to take "Monkey Grip" for that? I don't have them in front of me, but IIRC those are the feats you'd need for a Spartan like in the movie.

Sidetrack:
I disagree on your stats for Spartans, though (at least for the movie). They wouldn't be anywhere near level 20, especially since most of their opponents were, say, level 3 Warriors (even the Immortals were only like sixth-level Fighters). They wouldn't be on 25-point point buy, since even an NPC hireling gets 28, and the stats you did give them are absurd (weak-willed borderline-autistic dumbasses?!?)

My opinion:
Level 10 Fighter
Str 15
Dex 16
Con 14
Int 10
Wis 10
Cha 12

Wrathamon

Adventurer
those guys from 300 were Heroic and on the 32 pt buy system.

I would say they were Crusaders or Warblades from ToB personally.

DreadArchon

First Post
Wrathamon said:
those guys from 300 were Heroic and on the 32 pt buy system.

I would say they were Crusaders or Warblades from ToB personally.
I'd give them the 32 point buy, I suppose, but I don't have access to those books, so I'll take your word for it.

FunkBGR

Explorer
I haven't had a chance to rate it yet, but I bought and downloaded that "Master at Arms: Hoplite" from Blackdyrge, on the ENWorld store.

I think it's well worth the $1.75 - check it out!

Diomeneus

First Post
pffft! I made it in like 5 minutes... and they used their spears with only one hand, with a shield, and they threw them... they didn't have separate javelins or anything. not sure about the long or shortsword... realistically it would probably have been a shortsword. Movie wise that was like a :):):):)ing exotic weapons

Demoquin

First Post
I would have to go either shortsword or a modified scimitar. Those blades did have a slight curve to it and they practically tore the limbs right off like a hot knife through butter.

kayn99

First Post
You have to determin that if you want real or movie 300. In real 300, they wore heavy armored and did almost all phylanx fighting.

Kayn

Remove ads