D&D 3E/3.5 Spot Rules in 3.5 DMG

Kirowan

First Post
Well, the procedure for spotting other parties that was listed in the 3.0 DMG is missing from the 3.5 version. I don't know if this was by accident or by design, but I'm guessing the former. Anyway, does anyone with access to the 3.0 DMG want to email me at kirowan@yahoo.com and help me out? I don't have my old DMG anymore.

Thanks,

Nick

smetzger

Explorer
Kirowan said:
Well, the procedure for spotting other parties that was listed in the 3.0 DMG is missing from the 3.5 version. I don't know if this was by accident or by design, but I'm guessing the former.

I assume it was the later since it conflicted with the opposed Hide/Spot rules in the PHB

Jhyrryl

First Post
Deliberate

I'm guessing the later as well, since the new DMG pg 22 says: "Although its good to give the characters some chance to detect a coming encounter, ultimately it's you who decides when the first round begins and where each side is when it does."

Kirowan

First Post
But the terrain modifiers go on to give spot distances and the like. Going from more detail to less detail in the rules doesn't seem to be WotC's style. What do you think?

Thanks,

Nick

Remove ads