Star Wars: Chasing the Stars! (Updated: 6/30/05)

Hey guys, this game has been suffering from extreme schedule-coordination problems lately. We have gamed a couple times, but the sessions were short and inconclusive enough that they didn't seem worth posting on their own. We ARE hoping to get a good long session in this coming Tuesday.

In other news, I have gotten involved in a weekly online True20 Al-Qadim game. Well... To be more accurate, it's Zakhara crossed with the historical Abbasid Caliphate, and told in the style of the Arabian Nights. :)

I intend to post that one as a Story Hour as well - it's been an incredible amount of fun! - but I'm wondering how best to do this.

See, I have the logs of all the sessions, and I'm finding that having everyone's exact words and poses at my fingertips is curiously paralyzing to the imagination. I try to sit down and write it as a narrative, but I keep drawing a blank, because I have the transcript *right there*.

Plus, due to the way the medium works, sometimes one doesn't notice a pose from someone and ends up replying to it belatedly, in ways that just don't happen in F2F gaming. This can sometimes result in verbal tangles that make one want to tear one's hair out in terms of representing them narratively.

So... Would it be objectionable if I just posted the cleaned-up and edited logs here on a thread? All the OOC chatter and die rolling and so on is gone, and I've reordered some of the lines to avoid confusion as best as possible.

Arkhandus

First Post
We're still here, awaiting a new update...... {:^D

Dunno how entertaining it'd be to just read the game logs from your other game....... *shrug*

The News

Greater Thread Necromancy!

This game fell apart about six years ago due to irreconcilable schedule conflicts. However, all the players have carried a torch for it ever since, and the stars have now aligned to bring it back from the dead.

The GM, SuentisPo, came down for a long in-person session last week, and I am writing it up. I've got a lot on my plate this week, but hopefully I'll be able to finish it satisfactorily within the next week or two.

The plan is for the GM to come down to play a session of this game roughly once a month, until about October. (He loses a great deal of energy when his usual seasonal depression flares up.) Then we plan to pick up again next spring.

Last edited:

Remove ads