Starship bombardment

Sniperfox47

First Post
Are there any rules for starship vs planetary rules in the playtest document? If there is I couldn't find it. I'm not quite clear on just how massive and powerful the ships in new are supposed to be. While the nuclear launcher is scary to think about, it's also much larger weapon that most ships can afford to carry if I'm understanding correctly.

If it's not in the playtest yet that's fine, I completely understand that development is still early, but are there plans for rules on this in the final release?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There isn't, no. That sort of thing may end up in a supplement - the starship combat chapter is only supposed to be a basic intro. There's so much fun stuff you can do with starships that you could fill a 300-page book of their own!

Sniperfox47

First Post
Ah, thanks for the quick reply. I understand where you're coming from and appreciate you letting me know. I just looked at that as being the great basis for a battle. "The characters, armed only with swords, bows and magic, managed to bring down the massive alien mother-ship and save the world!" xD

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Ah, thanks for the quick reply. I understand where you're coming from and appreciate you letting me know. I just looked at that as being the great basis for a battle. "The characters, armed only with swords, bows and magic, managed to bring down the massive alien mother-ship and save the world!" xD

That's not far off the premise of Kevin Kulp's introductory adventure for the game, Spires in the Sky!

LucasC

First Post
I'm not quite clear on just how massive and powerful the ships in new are supposed to be.

You can extrapolate this from the rules.

scaling.png

With the above you can then presume a battleship such as this one would deal 400d6 damage with a cluster bomb dropped on a person or 40d6 if that bomb is dropped on a tank.
battleship.png

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Although I wouldn't recommend that anybody ever try to roll 400d6! At present, that really takes that sort of thing into a more narrative scope - can a city block withstand 400d6 damage (or 4d6 on a larger scale)? What happens to people inside the block if it gets hit? That sort of thing. Shooting a man from space with a nuke is probably not the interesting angle to approach that subject from.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases