Starting my first campaign

Got the full NEW and what pieces of OLD are out there (Kickstarter backer). As the playtesting went on there were some changes to things that at the time I didn't like, so I sort of dropped out of playtesting. But when the full buck came out, I decided "I paid for it, may as well read it".

Blown Away.

So just getting ready to start running my first campaign.

Year is early mid 2200s

No FTL (yet) - tech level roughly 6/7 - most of inner solar system colonized, some bases on moons of Jupiter and Saturn - and the first gas refineries on those planet have been there for a decade or two. Speeds hit about Sub-L 7, but engines/fuel issues mean that you can't run them more than 5 or 6 hours without a big break. That is why the outer planets have very little traffic.

Psi was first discovered in the modern age - about 20-30 years ago. Fairly rare, and not formally set up in schools/training, though that is beginning.
There was something of a civilization collapse in 2050 or so. Those that restored civilization did so with an iron hand, but as time passed, it became less so - the primary social aspect of the later culture was freedom of will, and personal responsibility. Republic government - all colonies participating. Not a "utopia" but closer to that than the modern world.

Game is a startage style world - for which I will be using pieces of all eras/genres of the game. PC (it's a solo campaign) has "Ancient Blood" and psionics. Both are needed to activate the gate to move organic - small non organics can go through with huge power. Game starts with the PC being recruiting and then first jump.

As adventures happen, they will bring back technology that will be adapted, and eventually run into a 1/4 galaxy civilization (think Star Wars without the empire) that has Star Knight and everything - and will share FTL tech to the fledgling civilization of Earth.

Plot threads, exploring the gate system, finding out about the "Ancients", and growing the setting to a full FTL setting - and whatever goals the PC in question has.

Remove ads