• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Tables of Contents

King Brad

Explorer
Just a heads up, I think Step 4: Destiny has its font set a size too small based on the others. Otherwise it looks great and I'm hyped!

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
Any chance we can get the Table of Contents for the Adventures of Zeitgeist book, Morrus?

I'm buying it whether I get the sneak peek or not, but just gimme another hit. I'm -feening-, here, Man!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Any chance we can get the Table of Contents for the Adventures of Zeitgeist book, Morrus?

I'm buying it whether I get the sneak peek or not, but just gimme another hit. I'm -feening-, here, Man!
That's the one book which won't be out until later next year (we make that clear on the KS page). It's written and in layout, but not so far enough along that we can make a ToC yet.

Here's a list of the mechanical stuff (though it being a setting book there's a TON of non-mechanical stuff, of course).

Screen Shot 2021-10-04 at 6.18.00 PM.png

tetrasodium

Legend
Supporter
Epic
That's the one book which won't be out until later next year (we make that clear on the KS page). It's written and in layout, but not so far enough along that we can make a ToC yet.

Here's a list of the mechanical stuff (though it being a setting book there's a TON of non-mechanical stuff, of course).

View attachment 144831
I notice this lists "Prestige Classes" but the ToC for adventurers guide doesn't seem to have similar listed. Doesn't need to be a full example when a few words might do, can you shed some light on what those are?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I notice this lists "Prestige Classes" but the ToC for adventurers guide doesn't seem to have similar listed. Doesn't need to be a full example when a few words might do, can you shed some light on what those are?
They're a concept from the 3E era we've brought back in the setting book. A class you can multiclass into if you meet certain prerequisites.

Faolyn

(she/her)
"Elfavarium"? Are there vivaria for elves in this setting? Elf habitrails?

How many of the archetypes do you think would be useful in a more traditional D&D setting?

Are the savant archtypes renames of the archetypes from EN5ider, or are they brand new?

And are you doing anything different with feats, or do you still get them once every four levels?

"Elfavarium"? Are there vivaria for elves in this setting? Elf habitrails?

How many of the archetypes do you think would be useful in a more traditional D&D setting?

Are the savant archtypes renames of the archetypes from EN5ider, or are they brand new?

And are you doing anything different with feats, or do you still get them once every four levels?
Elfaivar is a country that was once seat of an elvish empire. They suffered a cataclysm in a holy war five centuries ago, wherein nearly ever Elfaivaran woman perished, after which their civilization all but collapsed. A recent miracle resurrected millions of those women. Displaced by hundreds of years, they work to rebuild a functional society and reclaim their homeland from the colonial powers who settled in the ashes of the old empire.

About the only archetype that's really out of place in traditional D&D would be the gun meditant, an adept (aka monk) who has a mystical attachment to guns. For the rest you might need to change a bit of the flavor, but nothing's a deal breaker. The closest might be the Titanist ranger, who serves one of five 'fey titans' and gains powers themed to that specific being. If you don't happen to have a book-loving blood-magic-using gargantuan fey spider in your setting, you might need to come up with a reason for the ranger to get that particular suite of abilities.

The savant is heavily retooled from the EN5ider version. It keeps the general vibe and type of abilities, but I think I polished the mechanics for easier gameplay.

You still get feats the normal way. If you want your character to be fascinated by spirit mediums and their ability to speak with the dead without relying on spellcasting, that's not necessarily a mechanical choice. But if you want to actually be a medium yourself, you'd take the feat Unfinished Business.

Remove ads