Tale Weaver's Vampire: The Masquerade Game Board

Tale_Weaver

First Post
Conclusion

OOC: Did Ruby have a bag or anything with her that she left behind in the truck?

OOC: Sure, Ruby left her makeshift bag in the car, opening it reveals 9 shuriken, $30, and s tattered journal along with a deformed little bunny doll Ruby created while she was staying at the dorm with Clover and Koln.

OOC: So, if anyone has anything they want to say or do please post it soon. I'm going to wrap this story up and then I guess we'll just let the thread die. We'll start our new story in a new thread.

Lacey and Koln get back into the truck. Lacey starts the truck and you take off down the mountain to the valley below. It is a great relief to not be flying down the road at top speed anymore while being pursued by crazy gun wielding vampires.

While driving Lacey says "The damage to my truck is nothing compared to the damage to my heart."

You drive on for what seems like a long time. You get to the town of Frisco which is near a huge lake in the heart of the Rockies and Lacey takes the exit. At the beginning there is civilization but soon you find yourselves on dirt roads going who knows where. You're on some road called Mosquito Pass and Lacey stops the truck in front of some abandoned looking gas station/car garage. In total the drive took about 2 and a half hours getting you there just in the nick of time! It's 4:30am by the time you get there and the sky is taking on a faint purple glow warning that sunrise is less than an hour away.

Lacey leads you both inside some kind of office building off to the side of the gas station. The only reassuring thing about the place is that there is a single light on inside that building, at least signifying that the place is not entirely abandoned. Aside from that through, the building is incredibly run down and the gas station doesn't look like it sees much use if it functions at all. The inside of the office is not too inviting either, molding ceiling tiles and pieces of the carpet missing to reveal concrete underneath are just a few of the commodities here. An old man sits behind a reception desk dressed in a security uniform. He sits with his legs up on the desk watching a small TV.

Without even looking up he says "No way any normal person would walk in here at this hour. You lost?" to which Lacey responds "Not all who wander are lost. You know why I'm here." The man looks up and gives Lacey an odd look. He looks over at Clover and Koln as well. "Not exactly what I was expecting, I take it your here to see the boss." He gets up and walks over to a door behind the desk unlocking it and grumbling to himself "Thought there was only going to be one....now three...*grumble*" He motions for you all to follow him and when you do you find yourselves walking down a flight of stairs and into a well lit tunnel. You stop at a room built into the tunnel itself and inside you find a rather ugly Nosferatu, his face twisted and malformed, his eyes small and beady. His only introduction to the group as a whole is "You sure cut it close getting here. I was about to close up shop so to speak." The rest of the conversation is between him and Lacey, they seem familiar with each other and when questioned about the presence of Clover and Koln Lacey explains to him that they have been sent on official business by Prince Edward along with her. He seems to accept the story and takes you all deeper into the tunnels where there lie a series of rooms. It's almost like a hotel built into an abandoned mine shaft, the tunnels look like they stretch on for miles. Inside the rooms are some basic beds and furniture, enough to spend a night or two if you don't care about being stuffed in a small room underground with a single light source and no windows.

Lacey says to the Nosferatu, "My truck has seen better days, is there a doctor in the house?" The Nosferatu nods and says "Yes, I suppose we can have Larry take a look at it for you during the day. It'll cost you though. Just because I'm rooming you here for free doesn't mean I have to fix your truck too! And don't try to sweet talk that horny old man into doing you any favors!" He sneers and excuses himself closing the door behind him.

Lacey turns to the group inside the small room and says "Well, we made it! Despite all the nasty obstacles. One more stop and then we reach my favorite city, Las Vegas! Of course, I've never actually been there in body but I'm sure my spirit has been there, or at least part of it has. But now we must rest and there is an important question we must answer. There is only one large bed and three of us, four if you count the rat and ten if you count Koln. So the question we must ask is, who wants to make a Clover sandwich!?"

=====THE END=====

izillama

First Post
OOC: You didn't exactly give us much time to post, lol

====EPILOGUE====

Clover quirked an eyebrow at Lacey angrily, not even giving her the satisfaction of an answer. Without a word, she stalked back out the door, closing it with just the right amount of disdain for her present company, yet respect for the ugly vampire who was now sheltering them.

In the dingy hallway, Clover leaned up against the wall, slowly sliding down it to sit right on the floor. She was suddenly very aware of how tired she was. Maybe it was daybreak that was threatening to do her in and making her want to pass out. But she also suspected that the chase in the car and the loss of Ruby might have had more of an effect on her than she wanted to admit.

Fighting fatigue, she drew around Ruby's makeshift bag, which she had grabbed from Lacey's car. She had already rummaged through it, having had nothing else to do while Lacey had driven them to this hellhole in the middle of the desert. Reaching inside, she pulled out the awful little bunny doll that Ruby had made. In silence, her mouth twitched up in a little smirk. The thing was hideous. It was made of several types and shades of fabric with mismatched button eyes. In fact, it didn't look too different from the ugly vampire that had just let them down to their underground accommodations here. Still, finding herself alone for a moment, she hugged the bunny close to herself and finally gave in to all the fear and worry of the past night. What this bunny represented was the end of an era; the end of the first chapter of their unlives, which had concluded with Ruby's untimely end. The bunny was innocence and sweetness. It was awkward moments and uncertain alliances. It was doubt. It was hope.

Absently, Clover reached up to grab hold of her fleur-de-lis necklace. She flinched a little when she found it wasn't around her neck. All of the terror of the past few hours had made her forget the familiar weight of the silver pendant. But now that it was gone, she felt almost naked.

Lowering her hand back to her lap, she found herself looking at the perfect, ivory skin of her forearm. Somehow, after all the fear and hurt, she had still managed to come through all this unscarred. She pressed her mouth together in contemplation for a moment before reaching back into Ruby's bag.

A few minutes later, she lowered the ball point pen to the floor and admired her handiwork. She was tired, so tired, but she could still make out the dark perfect lines of the fleur-de-lis symbol she had drawn on her arm in black. She mouthed counting, one, two, three. Slowly, sleep began to overtake her as she proceeded to slide down to the floor, but she kept her eyes trained in her makeshift tattoo.

The dictionary in her mind opened up and she heard herself speak to no one in particular as her eyes slid shut, "One. Two. Three. Three petals bound together for eternity. The petals of the fleur-de-lis. Ruby... Koln... And... me."

She hugged the bunny close, and she knew no more.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases