D&D General Talking to Players

Dragons in Western civilization were not originally presented as Intelligent creatures, but as fantastic animals. Trophy displays are thus acceptable from that point of view.
They used to display the heads of traitors on London Bridge.

I'm not convinced intelligent/not-intelligent is a legitimate moral distinction. Or, indeed, has any scientific meaning. What, we give everything an IQ test and if it falls below a certain level it's okay to stick it's head on the wall?

Hussar

Legend
They used to display the heads of traitors on London Bridge.

I'm not convinced intelligent/not-intelligent is a legitimate moral distinction. Or, indeed, has any scientific meaning. What, we give everything an IQ test and if it falls below a certain level it's okay to stick it's head on the wall?
Slightly different purposes though between displaying the heads of executed traitors and a deer's head that you hunted. There is some room for nuance here.

BookTenTiger

He / Him
@bloodtide it seems like you had a good talk with your players and found a game everyone is invested in! That's great!

Sometimes it's a good idea to ask the players what they want to play. Sometimes it's a good idea to present something you are excited to run.

I had a GM once who really wanted to run the Dresden Files RPG. I had absolutely no connection to Dresden Files, but she was so excited that it made me excited to play.

Remove ads