D&D 5E The BestAIry

dave2008

Legend
I must that this thread is both fascinating and scary. AI has gotten so good, so fast. While these are not fine polished works, they are a good start. I would think it would not take to much effort to take these AI generate lore, images, and statblocks and make something my own with edits. Scary really.

Reynard

Legend
I must that this thread is both fascinating and scary. AI has gotten so good, so fast. While these are not fine polished works, they are a good start. I would think it would not take to much effort to take these AI generate lore, images, and statblocks and make something my own with edits. Scary really.
Yeah, I am very specifically not editing or even really curating in this thread. Claude AI is actually really good at responding to feedback so you can massage its output a bunch. With any of these, you could ask it to do revisions or include some additional information or whatever, and get some solid output with not no effort but certainly much less effort that doing it yourself. It is coming for sure.

I have not used it myself but apparently DALL-E inside ChatGPT as well as Google's image generator allow much more revision of output without having to completely reroll.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
This is great timing, I've recently started using ChatGPT for world building and class creation and with one world, I got the following: The Aurora Bird, which was from an encounter table for the kingdom of Eldoria, a kingdom in a cold northern region. I haven't created an image for it. I'm not sure how the Aurora Flight ability makes them harder to spot in darkness or dim light, it's something that I'd probably alter in the future.

I should note that I didn't put in any description other than ask it to provide 5e stats for the Aurora Bird, likely based on the discription of the encounter: Aurora Birds: These magical avian creatures create stunning displays of light in the sky and are often associated with good omens.

Aurora Bird
Medium celestial (Aurora), neutral good
Armor Class 15 (natural armor)
Hit Points 45 (7d8 + 14)
Speed 30 ft., fly 60 ft.
STR 10 (+0), DEX 18 (+4), CON 14 (+2), INT 12 (+1), WIS 16 (+3), CHA 18 (+4)
Skills Perception +5
Senses darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 15
Languages Celestial, understands Common but can't speak it
Challenge 3 (700 XP)

Aurora Flight. The Aurora Bird emits a magical aura, creating a mesmerizing display of lights and colors around it, which grants it advantage on Dexterity (Stealth) checks to hide while in darkness or dim light.

Illuminating Aura. The aura surrounding the Aurora Bird sheds dim light in a 30-foot radius. All creatures of the Aurora Bird's choice within this aura have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.

Actions
Multiattack.
The Aurora Bird makes two attacks: one with its beak and one with its talons.
Beak. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 6 (1d6 + 4) piercing damage.
Talons. Melee Weapon Attack: +4 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 8 (2d4 + 4) slashing damage.
Aurora Ray (Recharge 5-6). The Aurora Bird emits a dazzling ray of light in a 60-foot line that is 5 feet wide. Each creature in that line must make a DC 15 Dexterity saving throw, taking 27 (6d8) radiant damage on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one. Additionally, creatures that fail the saving throw are blinded for 1 minute. They can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of their turns, ending the blindness on a success.

Aurora Birds are celestial beings of beauty and light, known for their ability to create mesmerizing auroras and protect those in their presence. They are often seen as symbols of hope and guidance in the darkest of nights.

Last edited:

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I also asked for ChatGPT to create a setting in a Mediterranean type setting with 3 kingdoms and a number of city states. One of the city states was the Iridescent Isles: A cluster of mystical islands, said to be the home of the enigmatic Sirens. Explorers are drawn to these islands in search of lost treasures and magical artifacts. This made me think of the potential for a Siren PC race.

Siren Traits:
  • Ability Score Adjustment: Sirens are known for their beguiling beauty and captivating voices. They gain a +2 bonus to Charisma.
  • Size: Sirens are Medium creatures.
  • Speed: Your base walking speed is 30 feet.
  • Aquatic Affinity: Sirens are natural swimmers and have a swim speed of 30 feet. They can breathe both air and water.
  • Song of Enchantment: As an action, a Siren can use their captivating voice to cast the "Charm Person" spell once per long rest without expending a spell slot. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw against a DC of 8 + your Charisma modifier + your proficiency bonus. The range of this ability is 30 feet.
  • Mystical Connection: Sirens have a natural affinity for the mystical. They gain proficiency in the Persuasion skill.
  • Lorekeepers: Sirens are known for their wisdom and knowledge of ancient secrets. They have proficiency in the History skill.
  • Natural Seductresses: Sirens have advantage on Charisma (Persuasion) checks when interacting with humanoid creatures that can be charmed.
  • Languages: Sirens can speak, read, and write Common and Aquan, the language of underwater creatures.
and then I asked about the powerful Siren queen and got the following description and stats. It looks like her nature skill was based on Wisdom instead of Intelligence:

Siren Queen Seraphina of the Iridescent Isles
Background:

Siren Queen Seraphina is the enigmatic ruler of the Iridescent Isles, a cluster of mystical islands shrouded in legend and beauty. Her history is veiled in mystery, but her reign is marked by a captivating and commanding presence, both among her people and those who dare to approach her realm.

Appearance:
Seraphina possesses ethereal beauty. Her long, iridescent hair shimmers with the colors of the ocean, and her eyes are deep pools of emerald. She often adorns herself in flowing, seaweed-green robes that billow in the sea breeze. She carries herself with a regal grace and a hint of sadness in her eyes.

Personality:
Siren Queen Seraphina is both enchanting and mysterious. She exudes an air of wisdom, and her voice is as captivating as her songs. She is known for her generosity and empathy toward her people but also her firmness in protecting the secrets of the Iridescent Isles. She is a keeper of ancient knowledge and a guardian of the islands' mystical treasures.

Reign and Rule:
Seraphina rules the Iridescent Isles with a mix of charm, mystique, and authority. Her leadership is bolstered by the respect her subjects hold for her and the fear her reputation instills in those who would plunder her lands.
  • Custodian of Mystical Artifacts: The Iridescent Isles are said to be the resting place of numerous mystical artifacts and ancient treasures. Seraphina takes her role as the custodian of these artifacts very seriously, using them to protect her realm and prevent their misuse.
  • Protector of the Seas: Seraphina's rule extends beneath the waves. She ensures the delicate balance of the underwater ecosystems is maintained and the creatures of the ocean are treated with respect.
  • Siren's Song: Her entrancing voice is a powerful tool for diplomacy and defense. She uses her songs to both mesmerize visitors and deter invaders, leaving them lost and disoriented in her realm's enchanted waters.
Relationships:
Seraphina's relationship with the neighboring city-states is a complex one. While they are drawn to the beauty and treasures of the Iridescent Isles, they also fear her power and respect her role as a guardian. She maintains a delicate balance, often negotiating with emissaries from the mainland to ensure her realm's protection.
Plot Hooks:
  • Alliance: The city-states seek an alliance with Seraphina to gain access to the treasures of the Isles or to secure their trade routes through the waters. The players could be tasked with negotiating or assisting Seraphina in a time of need.
  • Artifact Retrieval: Seraphina seeks adventurers to retrieve a stolen mystical artifact from a neighboring city-state or from the depths of a treacherous underwater cave.
  • Unrest: Rumors of an uprising or an ambitious rival to the Siren Queen's throne could lead to political intrigue and conflict. The players may be tasked with investigating these rumors or quelling a rebellion.
Siren Queen Seraphina's enigmatic and captivating presence adds an element of intrigue and magic to the campaign setting, making her a central figure in the Mediterranean Realms.

Siren Queen Seraphina
Medium Humanoid (Siren), Neutral
Armor Class 16 (natural armor)
Hit Points 110 (20d8 + 20)
Speed 30 ft., swim 60 ft.
Attributes:
  • Strength 10 (+0)
  • Dexterity 16 (+3)
  • Constitution 12 (+1)
  • Intelligence 18 (+4)
  • Wisdom 14 (+2)
  • Charisma 20 (+5)
Skills:
  • Persuasion +9
  • Arcana +8
  • Nature +6
  • Performance +9
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft., passive Perception 12
Languages: Common, Aquan, Siren
Challenge: 9 (5,000 XP)

Siren's Grace: Seraphina can't be charmed or frightened. She has advantage on saving throws against spells and effects that would otherwise affect her.

Siren's Song: Seraphina can use her captivating voice to cast the "Charm Person" spell at will. The target must succeed on a Wisdom saving throw (DC 16) to resist the effect.

Aquatic Affinity: Seraphina can breathe underwater, and her swim speed is 60 feet. She can communicate with aquatic creatures and cast "Control Water" once per day without expending a spell slot.

Mystical Presence: Seraphina's mere presence is captivating. When she makes a Charisma (Persuasion) check, she can add +2 to the roll. Creatures that can hear her within 60 feet have disadvantage on saving throws against her "Charm Person" spell.

Spellcasting: Seraphina is a 9th-level spellcaster. Her spellcasting ability is Charisma (spell save DC 17, +9 to hit with spell attacks). She has the following spells prepared:

• Cantrips (at will): "Mage Hand," "Prestidigitation," "Message"
  • 1st level (4 slots): "Charm Person," "Fog Cloud," "Mage Armor"
  • 2nd level (3 slots): "Hold Person," "Detect Thoughts"
  • 3rd level (3 slots): "Counterspell," "Water Walk"
  • 4th level (3 slots): "Dominate Beast," "Control Water"
  • 5th level (1 slot): "Dominate Person"
Actions

Multiattack:
Seraphina can make two attacks: one with her dagger and one with her Siren's Enchantment.
Dagger: Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 5 (1d4 + 3) piercing damage.
Siren's Enchantment: Ranged Spell Attack: +9 to hit, range 60 ft., one target. Hit: 27 (6d8) psychic damage.

Legendary Actions

Seraphina can take 3 legendary actions, choosing from the options below. Only one legendary action can be used at a time and only at the end of another creature's turn. She regains expended legendary actions at the start of her turn.
  • Siren's Lure (Costs 2 Actions): Seraphina targets one creature she can see within 60 feet. The target must succeed on a DC 17 Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by Seraphina for 1 minute. The charmed target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success.
  • Enchanting Song (Costs 3 Actions): Seraphina sings a captivating melody. All creatures within 60 feet of her that can hear her must succeed on a DC 17 Wisdom saving throw or be charmed by her for 1 minute. The charmed target can repeat the saving throw at the end of each of its turns, ending the effect on a success.
Siren Queen Seraphina is a formidable and enchanting ruler, her mystical abilities and enchanting voice making her a powerful figure in the Mediterranean Realms.

I have had a go at generating an image for both sirens and Seraphina, but they probably have too much skin showing to post here. Even without editing the stats, ChatGPT creates something that is usable right off. I could probably use it to quickly create some stats if an adventure goes off in a direction I hadn't expected and suddenly need to generate some kind of monster or band of bandits or something.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I wonder if we should start to worry when the AI can create new PC species.
I dunno, I think it's kind of cool how it came up with the siren race, I'm not sure if there is a siren race already out there, but the one it created was pretty cool. It's unedited so I'd probably do pass over it to make it useable however, I can also see me making a bunch of AI generated races and just running a game with them.

Remove ads