D&D 5E The Mystical Monk (a Monk Variant)

Man, reminds me of a Monk subclass I made called the Shukenja.

Gains Cleric spell-casting at the same rate as the Eldritch Knight from 3rd level, and the Divine Smite ability of the Paladin.

You could easily do something similar with an Arcane spell-casting Monk (Wu-jen perhaps?)

Xeviat

Hero
Man, reminds me of a Monk subclass I made called the Shukenja.

Gains Cleric spell-casting at the same rate as the Eldritch Knight from 3rd level, and the Divine Smite ability of the Paladin.

You could easily do something similar with an Arcane spell-casting Monk (Wu-jen perhaps?)

My way of 4 elements Monk is basically the wu-jen Monk. I don't need to slap extra spells on it since I already identified the Monk as a half caster, based on it's ki to spell points comparisons it's really darn close.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
My way of 4 elements Monk is basically the wu-jen Monk. I don't need to slap extra spells on it since I already identified the Monk as a half caster, based on it's ki to spell points comparisons it's really darn close.

Exactly. The main problem with the 4-E monk always was, to me, the lack of spells; you only know like 4 of them at most. Having them know elemental disciplines instead allow them to go all ''Avatar'' instead of punching 90% of the time with maybe an elemental effect or 2 per day.

Xeviat

Hero
Exactly. The main problem with the 4-E monk always was, to me, the lack of spells; you only know like 4 of them at most. Having them know elemental disciplines instead allow them to go all ''Avatar'' instead of punching 90% of the time with maybe an elemental effect or 2 per day.

My issue was always that the way of four elements Monk doesn't get class abilities. They get spells that they can spend their ki on. That's just extra options, horizontal growth, no vertical power growth. The other Monk Subclasses grow up a bit, or at least don't have to spend their ki on everything (or if things cost ki, it's at a hugely discounted price).

Remove ads