The Rings of Power

Status
Not open for further replies.

reelo

Hero
So, we're slowly getting pictures from Amazon's upcoming Middle-Earth series, and I must say I'm absolutely appalled,—but also not the least bit surprised—by all the flak some of the creative choices are getting from subtle and not-so-subtle racists.

A non-white dwarven queen! The horror! Is she from Khand? From Harad? The internet collectively loses its sh!t over silvan elf with a bronzy skin-tone. What is this world coming to?

I mean Aulë, literally the patron of all artists and creators, certainly wouldn't just have used rosequartz to fashion the fathers of dwarves. Why wouldn't he also have used iron ore, and obsidian, and what-have-you!? There's seven dwarf-clans, Longbeards, Broadbeams, Firebeards, Ironfists, Stonefoots, Blacklocks, and Stiffbeards.
We've only ever seen Longbeards. Possibly Broadbeams and Firebeards, because those have joined Durin's Folk after the fall of Nogrod and Belegost. We have NO WAY of knowing how the other 4 dwarven lineages look, yet people go apesh*t over a picture of an olive-skinned dwarf. /Smh

Sorry for the rant but as someone who's been a Tolkien nerd (I wouldn't outright call me a scholar, but still) I think this is really a non-issue. What problem(s) the series might end up having, this isn't one of them!
84794a0a000a5ee4d2eccdff4b5b1226.jpg
0c5536dc9207336c6f14aecb74a7a257.jpg

aco175

Legend
Anti-inclusive content
I find people get upset when politics is placed before verisimilitude. People expect one thing and feel betrayed when the something else feels forced on them.

I will watch it and it will be likely well enough of a show. Season 2 will depend on how much season 1 turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases