The secrets how to not care about technical details. Morrus please look.

Psionicist

Explorer
Hello there.

It is a known fact that there are multiple problems with both hardware and software on the EN World server. We experience some hours of practical down-time every day, the server is generally slow and it is despite the fact that it's not a good server, an expensive server.

Too get rid of these things, there are three (3) things you can do Morrus.

1. You can study computers so you can fix all problems yourself. However this will take some time as there are a whole LOTS of things to learn about this kind of stuff, as hardware, software, programming and other spooky things. Estimated time... 1 year (to get a knack for troubleshooting, that is).

2. You can hire a full-time technician with extensive knowledge of W2K servers, networks, services, troubleshooting and PHP/MySQL/databases.

or...

3. Do as Eric. People will probably kick me in the face for saying this, but there is NOTHING wrong with letting someone with the knowledge, time and money host your site, fix your problems and pay for the server. I know several huge networks as GameSpy who would gladly host your site. If you find a problem just tell them to fix it and they will. It is free and it is WAY faster than the current server. They can maybe even host domain names if they get their banner clicks and ads. With that said the disadventage is that you have to put their banners and ads on your site, but for a small monthly fee (smaller than CI Hosts) get rid of them.
This will lead to less technical problems and more Dungeons & Dragons.

Please think about it.

Last edited:

Psionicist

Explorer
I know some gamespy employees very well and I have emailed them about details / eventuel costs to be able to host own banners on a site (the only problem I found in their 10 pages of rules)

Edit: I am aware of it's more professional to have your own domain name and such, but that is not a problem. They can host your domain as per their rules.

Edit2: Okay, for the 3rd time in just this message I wrote there instead of their. Gosh.

Last edited:

Remove ads