The whole party may LIVE!!

Wee Jas

First Post
Our party has gone though the Pool of Radiance and Into the Dragons lair under the required levels and just mopped up! Call it Doc's magic d20, my Spellfire, or luck but our party can't seem to be beat! .. and we got great magical items to boot!

http://www.enworld.org/messageboards/showthread.php?s=&threadid=249&pagenumber=7

What is the most affective party?

We have:

Barbarian, dwarf 9
Fighter, human 9
Cleric, half drow 10
Wizard, tiefling 9
Monk, human 9

Victim

First Post
Wow, lucky you.

In Heart of Nightfang Spire, our party has suffered one fatality for each level except the very first level that had a mere handful of mostly wimpy monsters. Still, I haven't died, so things can easily be fixed. Comparitively, we took only one loss in 3 levels worth of adventuring before we entered this dungeon, including some time in Undermountain. And that death was a freak accident in which our fighter was possessed, and then the wizard used a wish or limited wish from an item to make our elf fighter's body into the wizard's old one, thus effectively killing him.

To make matters worse, our archer is now busting down doors and exploring when he's bored - even if the rest of us are fighting, so he'll probably draw more trouble upon our heads.

Victim

First Post
I'm getting an error when I try your link.

However, your group has more dungeon experience. We've traveled around alot and thus hit quite a few wandering monsters. I don't think we're used to facing 3+ difficult encounters in a row, so we end up wasting spells. Also, your group appears to have better stats, which are always important when your life is on the line. I feel embarrassed that a wimpy 1/2 drow girl could beat up my cleric, Travanos, Disciple of Lathander. I even tried to go for a martial type cleric, and placed my 2nd and 3rd best scores in Con and Str respectively.

Your average level is also higher. We had recently fought a shadow dragon, and the sorceress lost some levels, and the new people who started one level lower also affected the average.

You and Dr. M and the others should do fine.

Last edited:

El Ravager

First Post
Hey Trev!

Hey, I am that Archer!:D Small world I guess.

And its called scouting not "finding trouble". :p

I have only done that once in the middle of an existing fight and at the time the opponent happened to be trapped in the bottom of a pit and things were well under control. I think the high levels of caution are pushing my character into the more chaotic side of the NN alighnment. Too bad the Nic's dwarf paladin kept taking the brunt of everything big we faced. He sorta has a rule - two deaths and its a new PC. Plus he has been waiting forever for MotW so he has been dying to use that book (literally i guess :D)The Foe Hunter of undead should be useful.

Minor Spoiler for Heart of the Nightfang Spire
|
|
|
|
|
The Girillions kinda seemed out of place in the dungeon, especially so many of them. I enjoyed the encounter because it was challenging, but where did they come from? Just kinda seemed out of the blue. They just didn't seem to have anything to do do with a tower filled with evil undead/shadow stuff. Maybe it will make more sense why a whole bunch of those things were living there as more is discovered about the place.

------------
El Rav

Remove ads