OSR Tomb of Rakoss The Undying for OSR to be released soon!

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
I liked the adventure a lot and found it was a good location-based module! Which Retroclone would it best work with that has Ascending AC, Attack Bonus, Damage Resistance, etc..?

PyroArrow

Explorer
At the Premier Event for, "Tomb of Rakoss The Undying", Castle & Crusades rules were used. On the Play By Post (PbP) version we are using OSRIC rules. Since we have not gotten to combat yet in the PbP game, I can only say that the Castle & Crusades rules worked nicely during gameplay at the Premier Event! I myself would like to simply combine the rules from AD&D 1st/2nd Edition, Castle & Crusades & OSRIC, when I DM the module after going through it as a player. More likely AD&D 1st/2nd & OSRIC as I don't have the Castle & Crusades rule books. By the Way, Glad to see you liked the Module!

Plaguescarred

D&D Playtester for WoTC since 2012
Thanks PyroArrow. What is C&C like? I recently got OSRIC & Basic Fantasy but i was more looking for a d20 adaptation of 1E with ascending AC, Attack Bonus, DC etc...But because C&C is not free, i wasn't able to look it up yet and don't want to buy before i know how its like.

If not, i can run the adventure with D&D Next rules in the meantime as well, iseems loike it'd work relatively well with it too!

PyroArrow

Explorer
Well Castle & Crusades is like AD&D of course, one difference is a 10 sided dice is used for initative. DM starts with whomever rolled lowest. The digits not rolled by players are the monster/villain moves. That's really all the obvious difference I've noticed from a Player perspective.

Kalex the Omen

First Post
Thanks PyroArrow. What is C&C like? I recently got OSRIC & Basic Fantasy but i was more looking for a d20 adaptation of 1E with ascending AC, Attack Bonus, DC etc...But because C&C is not free, i wasn't able to look it up yet and don't want to buy before i know how its like.

If not, i can run the adventure with D&D Next rules in the meantime as well, iseems loike it'd work relatively well with it too!

Hey Plaguescarred! Nice to see you over here, and thank you for your interest in The Tomb of Rakoss the Undying!

Castles & Crusades is really like a combination of 2nd Edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons, with some of the better ideas of 3rd Edition Dungeons & Dragons added in. They also have a few innovations of their own, and the result is called the Siege Engine. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a free version of the rules as many retro-clones have. I can only say that this is the retro-clone we have chosen for our home campaigns. The Player's Handbook is only $20 on DriveThruRPG if you want to check it out.

I hope you'll come over and join us at Mischief, Inc's forums! I know you are a valued member of the WotC forums, and we'd love to have someone like you on our forums!

http://www.mischiefinc.net/phpBB3/

Remove ads