Tomorrow War

hopeless

Adventurer
Makes me wonder have they considered a series set around someone sent from the future to prevent some great tragedy only to eventually discover they were intended to cause that event to insure their future came about?

There was one about a cop sent from the future I believe that was inspired by a Van Damme movie (unless someone knows the novel responsible for that?).

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Makes me wonder have they considered a series set around someone sent from the future to prevent some great tragedy only to eventually discover they were intended to cause that event to insure their future came about?
Honestly, predestination parodoxes have been done to death.

Ryujin

Legend
But have they ever been done well?

Off the top of my head I thought the first Terminator movie was a fine example of this, but then they made sequels...
In case you didn't know the story of the first "Terminator" movie ;)

I first learnt about this from the Canadian TV show "Prisoners of Gravity", which was hosted by the weird little guy in glasses, who pops up in the middle of this video, to explain about the movie's premier.

payn

He'll flip ya...Flip ya for real...
Heinlein wrote "Starship Troopers" and got called a Fascist. He wrote "Stranger in a Strange Land" and got called a Commie. He told stories ;)
I've also heard of him as the model libertarian. I get that he told stories, SST was a bad one.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases