Transform to Achieve Enlarge Person

Bansidhe

First Post
Is there a better way to achieve an Enlarge Person effect other than casting a transform spell to make someone an ogre? A player in my game asked me about this, and I had looked for information on a different way to create an enlarge person spell before, but had been unsuccessful. Was just wondering if some folks had worked something out, or if I missed something.
Bansidhe

Prim's got it right.

As an easy guideline, any time you want to replicate a core spell effect, just take the spell level, double it, and add 1 or 2 if it's higher level or particularly powerful. That's the MP cost.

genshou

First Post
I thought the revised Transform had an MP cost for just increasing size category? Note that it won't increase Strength, Constitution, or natural armour, but you can add some Infuse spells for the ability scores and a weak Abjure Nature effect for the AC.

I remember a thread that went over this quite indepth. My take was/is that its simpler to not change the mechanical reaction to a change in size.

My variant has the 'enlarge' cost in addition to any form changes, so you could turn into an ancient Dragon and still only be Medium sized.... :]

Can't seem to find the word doc I saved it in tho :(

Of course, I only was able to get one playtest in..with a GM who never bothered to even read the rules {then got pissed when I did a mass area affect 'Slow' that got his baddy's killed off really easily by the groups archers... :p
8th level caster can do some pretty interesting stuff! }

FOUND IT!
RW pushed out a 'EOMfix.doc' sometime ago. In there are a bunch of tweaks including the change size enhancement.

Last edited:

Remove ads