True Reincarnation

Nathan

First Post
Though I have ordered my copy of MotW some time ago, the book hasn't arrived me yet (I'm living in Germany).

On these boards I have seen someone mentioning the spell "True Reincarnation" from this book. As the my group is in need of a resurrection/reincarnation spell in the moment, can someone of you give me detailed information about this spell (their is a druid in the group)? Waiting for the book to arrive may be too late for the situation in the game at the moment.

Thank you very much!

hong

WotC's bitch
It gives you a +20 insight bonus to reincarnate attempts. Nowhere near as good as true familiar, which gives you a +20 insight bonus to attacks with your familiar.

Or something.

Nathan

First Post
?

hong said:
It gives you a +20 insight bonus to reincarnate attempts. Nowhere near as good as true familiar, which gives you a +20 insight bonus to attacks with your familiar.

Or something.
Where do you need any boni for reincarnation? For the 4th-level standard form of this spell you only have to roll with a d%.

Nathan

First Post
True Joke

SeRiAlExPeRiMeNtS said:
I think it was a joke (true, like true strike).....
Of course. However, I still would be happy to know something more about the spell I mentioned.

Btw, is there any spell template/metamagic feat "true" out there which changes any spell into a true spell?

Lord Pendragon

First Post
Re: True Joke

Nathan said:

Of course. However, I still would be happy to know something more about the spell I mentioned.

Btw, is there any spell template/metamagic feat "true" out there which changes any spell into a true spell?

Don't know about True Reincarnation, do know about metamagicing spells into true spells.

No, there's no such template/metamagic. "True" is simply a flavor word added to a spell's name, and does not indicate any sort of uniform change to a base spell. Yes, True Resurrection is a stronger version of Resurrection, but if you look at the spell True Strike, it does not derive from a lesser Strike spell. Other spells which are strengthened versions of base spells don't use the word "true" at all. Examples include the non-existent True Polymorph, True Invisibility, and True Teleport; the actual spells instead use other flavor words, providing Polymorph Any Object, Improved Invisibility, and Teleport Without Error.

Hmm...I just looked at that last paragraph, and it's hardly coherent. Try this:

"True" isn't any kind of metamagic, it's just flavor text.

Yeah...that works a lot better. :D

True Reincarnation is the Druid Answer on True Resourection. The target doesn´t lose a level, and it can choose between two races rolled up. (So you roll twice on the Reincarnation table and choose what ever you prefer).

Nathan

First Post
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
True Reincarnation is the Druid Answer on True Resourection. The target doesn´t lose a level, and it can choose between two races rolled up. (So you roll twice on the Reincarnation table and choose what ever you prefer).

Thank you, Mustum_Ridcully! That was the answer I need. What is the level of this spell? Does it use the same table as reincarnation? And, if you don't mind, one last question: do you need any material components to cast this spell?

Remove ads