D&D 3E/3.5 undermountian for 3e?

johnsemlak

First Post
There has been some mention on the wizards boards recently of a Waterdeep/Undermountain Forgotten Realms hardback from WotC next year sometime.

It was reported here.

Psion

Adventurer
Well, I started a conversion, but I only got about half way through the first level. I eventually decided that my time was not well spent converting the whole thing, because, well, Undermountain is so blamed big that the chances of actually using everything I converted was pretty slim and it was getting time consuming and then I started this gig as a reviewer... the rest is history. :)

Eridanis

Bard 7/Mod (ret) 10/Mgr 3
Over to the Conversions forum with ya...

It's interesting that conversions of older material used to be such a mainstay of Eric's board, but you don't hear much about them anymore. There were a lot of conversions before WotC came out with guidelines, and I suppose that most folks didn't want to have to go over their old conversions again, so let them die.

Plus WotC is doing so many 3e revisits of old material that some things don't need fan support.

Just a few thoughts...

qstor

Adventurer
Someone has been doing rooms of Undermountain on the WOTC FR mailing list for the last several months. The list has a searchable archives that can be accessed on the WOTC site under Community.

Mike

Yes BUT I was going to recreate it as I saw fit. So I'm not sure it it really would be a conversion vs borrowing key ideas and thoughts from it for my own massive multi-layered dungeon.

Remove ads