Vagabond of the Mirror Moon or Case Files of the RHC?

efreund

Explorer
Hi esteemed authors,

Is there any update on the Kickstarter items Vagabond of the Mirror Moon or Case Files of the RHC?

I recognize that they'll probably still in raw development, but if you could share a bit of what you got, like you did with Bonds of Forced Faith, that would be awesome.

My group has taken a real liking to Flint, and oddly-strong interest in all of their coworkers (i.e. the B-team), and wants to spend a bit of time sandboxing there between the core adventures. Having some notes from these two items (particularly Case Files) would be awesome. And if it's still raw enough not to share, even a preview of what you're intending to do will give me the legroom to write my own material.

Thanks so much!

efreund

Explorer
My group completed adventure 1 (Axis Island) last week. We're skipping the main campaign this week because a key player is unavailable, so we'll be kicking off adventure 2 (Dying Skyseer) *next* week.

However, the rest of us are still getting together tomorrow, for, um, something. I could always do a Halloween oneshot, but the group is pretty jazzed to stay in the Zeitgeist world at the moment and keep that momentum. Any chance we could get one of those Case Files shared out? I don't want to be a bother: this is the last time I'll ping on this. I just read in the Bonds of Forced Faith thread that you said you already had some of the Case Files done, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Sorry for not responding to the first request. It's hard to figure out the right way to give a customer an unpleasant answer.

Sadly no, we have no case files done. Thurston apparently had brainstormed some ideas, but we never got to the point of writing anything down, and right now the focus is on finishing the adventure path. Once that's done I'll check our budget. I hope we'll be able to fulfill that stretch goal, but I didn't anticipate so much of our funds would be going to international shipping, so my budget was off the mark a bit. (I presumed most of our international sales would be UK, and priced shipping accordingly. KS at the time did not allow for different rates to different countries. We ended up having a lot of Australian backers, and it costs a lot to ship a book to Australia.)

efreund

Explorer
Understood.

I sat on responding to this for a few months, but I've decided that I want to help out. I understand the shoe-string nature of niche creative projects like this. And I am also blown away by the quality of the product. You've hinted at other fiscal concerns in the release thread for adv#11. I want this project to finish strong, and I want to help.

And by help, I mean give money to the project. This is not a purchase, but I'm thinking of it more like participating in a second round of Kickstarter-ing. I'm not putting any qualifications or strings on this: just confirmation from both Morrus and RangerWicket that this is hitting the general Zeitgeist fund and will indeed go towards this project as you two define it.

My hope is that you will use it to end strong, pay for your art, pay for your layout folks, or who knows, even spend it on marketing. I mean, I'd love to see this thing more widely advertised and sold, because it's a *shame* nobody knows about this. Or, keep some yourself and call it an appreciation bonus. That's for you to work out.

Anyway: how do I do this? Do you guys take PayPal, should I mail a check, etc?

I'm posting this publicly in case anyone else in the community wants to join in. I am doing this of my own initiative, and am not associated with the project, other than as a basic customer. Nobody asked me to do this. But I am asking you to join me, follow citizens of Flint! :)

Remove ads