Vin Diesel makes more references to Fantasy/D&D

jdavis

First Post
I think Triple H is getting mentioned is because of how over the Rock got (WWE is trying to get more wrestlers crossed over into films and TV) I would not be suprised if Vin Diesel's name didn't pop back up again when they get closer to casting.

Attachments

• sigpic4.jpg
    sigpic4.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 126

AuroraGyps

First Post
What might make a good Conan movie is having Schwarzenegger play OLD Conan as King, but have most of the movie follow his son off adventuring... perhaps to save the Kingdom or his Father. Now, who should play the son??? Someone around
20-30 I'd say, but as for that, I have no ideas.

Voneth

First Post
Oberton said:
Conan Movie Falling Apart?
Starting from Scratch

With Milius and Schwarzenegger no longer involved, Conan Properties allegedly wants to set up Conan at another studio – no word yet on where – with the hopes of producing "a kinder, gentler Conan," in the words of one source. Conan Properties wants to cast a younger thesp as the title character and to produce a more "friendly" Conan film on a less epic (i.e., cheaper) scale using The Scorpion King as its template. (Spider-Man was another example of the kind of audience-friendly film that Conan Properties, Inc. wants to emulate.) Conan Properties, hoping to strike while the iron is hot, want to produce a cheapie Conan flick that will enjoy a boffo opening weekend.
Oberton
www.d20con.org

I prefer not to be pandered and preached to in the same movie. I don't mind preaching and I don't mind being pandered (it's only a movie damn it!), but not both. :)

The strategy definalty shows only short term thinking (buy low, sell high) with only one thought about a bad opening day ... they will just make up the loss in DVD rentals. It is evident that the new owner sees the property not as a resource or an assest, but as short term project.

Timothy

First Post
MeepoTheMighty said:

B.A: Okay, I've gone ahead and pre-rolled some characters for our next campaign. Here you go guys.

Brian: Sweet! I'm a powerful wizard with magical abilities beyond your wildest imagination. And..a sword? Hoody-hoo!

Sara: I'm a young hobbit struggling with the temptations of evil as I carry a powerful artifact towards its eventual destruction. This will be a wonderful roleplaying challenge.

Dave: My guy is really a king, see, but he doesn't like to talk aboout it because he's like an enigma. So now he just wanders the wilds, kicking major ass with his sword-that-was-broken +12.

Bob: A GARDENER?? I'M A FRICKING GARDENER???

Bring back knights of the dinner table to Dragon!

Elf Witch

First Post
Number47 said:
Skimpy bathing suits? Fine. But only for the hot chicks! There are far too many gamers I would NOT want to see in, well, at all.

God Forbid!!!! don't want the non hot chicks to be in skimpy suits. After all every guy who plays DnD has such a great physique no huge beer guts here. :(

jdavis

First Post
Voneth said:

I prefer not to be pandered and preached to in the same movie. I don't mind preaching and I don't mind being pandered (it's only a movie damn it!), but not both. :)

The strategy definalty shows only short term thinking (buy low, sell high) with only one thought about a bad opening day ... they will just make up the loss in DVD rentals. It is evident that the new owner sees the property not as a resource or an assest, but as short term project.

Yes that's why that is old news, that was quickly retracted and explained away not two weeks after the statement was made. The only actual fact of that that remains is that they are pushing to get the movie strted quicker. See above links to other threads for updates on the situation.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads