D&D 5E Wandering Monsters: Monster Mashups

Majoru Oakheart

Adventurer
Sure. But then those rules were adopted for an individual table. Having One Kind of Orc hurts the ability to adapt orcs to your own table, because it limits the diversity of published orcs and reinforces the concept that only one orc is meant to be used in D&D.
I agree with [MENTION=4892]Vyvyan Basterd[/MENTION]

There were "one of a kind" Orcs in 1e, 2e, 3e, and 4e. Periodically there were variants published for specific worlds, but we've never had a bunch of alternate Orcs(or even the implication that they WERE alternate Orcs).

jadrax

Adventurer
Since it seems a hands-down across-the-board agreement that the aranae transformation is a non-starter/highly disliked...a rare case of near-universal agreement among ANYthing D&D! lol...So, hope they see this and ditch it.

With the poll result in, 60% of people actually turned out to be in favour of the aranea/ettercap link.

In fat the whole article was received pretty well, with all the proposed ideas getting above 50% support.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
With the poll result in, 60% of people actually turned out to be in favour of the aranea/ettercap link.

In fat the whole article was received pretty well, with all the proposed ideas getting above 50% support.

Yes, I saw. See my response in today's Wandering Monster thread (here, on ENworld, I mean).

Remove ads