D&D General What Edition to Use (1)2!

What Edition would have presented "The book of KND" best?

• Zero Edition (Red Box, White Box, etc)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1st Edition

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Second Edition

• Third (3.0, 3.5, and Pathfinder)

• 4th Edition

• Fifth Edition (including the 2024 version)

Votes: 4 50.0%

Time once again for me to present an unusual thing to you and ask what edition of D&D would best represent it!

Today's thing is called, "The Book of KND." On the surface, it just appears to be a guide book on how to battle the forces of evil. It would contain all the information a kid needs to become a resister against the tyranny of evil Adults. And it includes a section where each kid and write in their own story.

But it's not just a simple book. There's implications that it's actually an artifact level item. Containing a COMPLETE guide on how to be a hero would actually be really helpful (and actually hard to find). And how it was written is interesting too. It's not the work of just one author. Dozens, if not, hundreds of different kids all wrote down their own story on how they battled evil and won. It's sort of crazy how a single book would transfer from kid to kid throughout the decades (maybe centuries even), each time growing a little because each of them added a bit of their own knowledge in it. And their own tale of victory. Reading it would inspire many kids to take up the mantle. It would give them hope.

It wouldn't be too hard to adapt the flavor to D&D. Just changing "KND" to "Adventurer" and "Kid" to "person" would be ninety percent of it. But is there an Edition of D&D where such a book would be the most useful? Or would be the most interesting? Where it could best fit in as a plot device or just a really cool item to randomly bump into?

Here are some videos to quickly explain it if you don't feel like reading...

aco175

Legend
I picked 1st edition since it has some fun flavor and the items were more campaign breaking and less structured.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
I think it could work in any edition, but I picked 4e because it has a "Paragon Path"/"Epic Destiny" sort of feel to it, where it helps the reader become a legend, and in turn, they add to the legend of the book.

Remove ads