• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's the best none wizards book your company didn't write?

Crothian

First Post
I'm always curious at what the publishers think of the other publishers books. So, what do you feel are some of the best books that your particuliar company (or something you didn't write for the freelancers)? I include the non wizards stipulation because they are the big boys and they get enough press on them. Let's highlight some of the lesser known d20 products. :D

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
For me, it's Rokugan. Wow. My second choice is DragonStar.

Did I mention I am running a game quietly entitled "Oddly Mental Adventures" (actual campaign name is "The Stars, My Empire" - but the players prefer the joke name)? It's a Rokugan / Dragonstar mix.

EOL

First Post
The Freeport stuff is very solid. If I didn't already have a reasonably entrenched campaign I would start one there.

Last edited:

2WS-Steve

First Post
I'll bite; I like to break books into price classes though since I typically get more use out of a 30 dollar book than a 10 dollar one.

$15 and under: The Librum Equitis books and Legions of Hell

$15-$25: Arms and Armor, Fading Suns d20 (this has some of the best innovative stuff I've seen), and Relics and Rituals.

More than $25: Spycraft definitely. Dragonstar is a really cool idea but I'll have to wait until future products come out.

Remove ads