• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E What's with the 4E threads?

Keeper of Secrets

First Post
It seems that every so often there are 4e/'what does the future hold' threads. I think we should merge the threads, save them and when someone posts a new theory or thought, roll it up into the giant thread.

Angcuru

First Post
Personally, I think we should skip right to 47E, where the rules have become so complicated that one needs a scientific calculator to determine whether or not it is possible to climb a ladder. Or 100,000,000E, where we just stare at each other for six hours at a time.

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Angcuru said:
Personally, I think we should skip right to 47E, where the rules have become so complicated that one needs a scientific calculator to determine whether or not it is possible to climb a ladder.

That was called "KABAL" - Knights And Berzerkers And Legerdemain...

Only RPG I ever tried to run that requires a scientific calculator to do anything... even worse than making characters in Top Secret (original) with the TSCompanion rules.

Mordane76

First Post
Several editions of Traveler required scientific calculators and possibly slide rules... they had sections devoted to astronomy and the physics of space combat. I took a look at some of the formulas when a roomie of mine showed me the book and was thinking of running a game of Traveler; I told him if I wanted to learn astronomical mechanics, I could sign up for a physics class during my next semester. :D

Remove ads