D&D 5E When can we expect 5th edition?

frankthedm

First Post
Odhanan said:
In all seriousness, I don't know when, I don't know how, but I think some time, the name "Advanced Dungeons and Dragons" will be brought back from the dead. Just gut feeling, mind you.
Wotc can bill it as an "upgrade" or an "Expansion", rather than a new ruleset.
Dragonhelm said:
Originally Posted by frankthedm
I have a feeling the Next edition won't come with a "5" or a ".5". Wotc is to savvy for that mistake. The next great upheaval will be heralded with a letter, not a number. it will be targeted at those who more out of the streamlined ruleset.

4th edition Advanced Dungeons & Dragons
At the D&D Q&A I attended, they specifically said there would be no 4.0, 4.5, etc. It would just be 4th edition.
Until it is in a writen contract, a corporation's word means almost nothing. And besides, are you sure they chose thier words in a manner that would prevent "Advanced" from squeezing in there.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
September 2008 they will start developing 5e. Over the next couple of years as more and more books and rule enhancements come out (some of them from the 5e developing group) thus causing there to be too many rules and when sales die down for the current edition they will announce in Fall of 20XX that "Next May look for 5e!! The game will be rebuilt so it will be bigger, better, and faster because it'll use bionic dice that roll themselves!!!"

At this rate I say announcement in 2012 and out in 2013.

cthulhu_duck

First Post
Dragonhelm said:
At the D&D Q&A I attended, they specifically said there would be no 4.0, 4.5, etc. It would just be 4th edition. :)

Isn't it likely however that there will be a second printing of the core rules, with errata included, which could be viewed as 4.1 ?

Remove ads