• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E When is WOTC going to release another Forgotten Realms adventure?

ECMO3

Hero
It has been a while since they published a Forgotten Realms themed adventure (ROFM in 2020?).

I know Vecna starts in the FR, but it is more of a planewalker adventure from my understanding.

I really like the Forgotten realms as a setting because the Lore is relatively well known and that makes it easier to follow complicated plot lines. I would really like to see something in Calimsham or Thay or Halruaa.

ECMO3

Hero
Phandelver is set in FR, and they announced that they have a "Red Wizards of Thay" adventure planned for 2025 some time ago - back around when we first got confirmation of the Vecna adventure, I believe.

Thanks, did not hear about Thay. Phandelver was an expansion of an adventure they already released, so I was not counting that.

R_J_K75

Legend
I would really like to see something in Calimsham
I don't think that there has ever been an official adventure in Calimshan, at least that I'm aware of. Possibly one in Dungeon Magazine or Polyhedron, but don't believe there was one in Empires of the Sands, Empires of the Shining Sea or Calimport. I'd definitely like to see that. I ran a few adventures in Calimshan with Pcs that were outsiders and not familiar with the customs or social hierarchy. It didn't take long for them to get themselves in a whole lot of trouble.

There's a pretty good 5e update on Calimshan on the DMs Guild.

I'm actually hoping that we get something more along the line of a full campaign setting book here soon. Now that Greyhawk is getting somewhat official setting status in the DMG, and since it's been nearly a decade since SCAG, it would definitely be a good time to get the Realms fully updated to 5e Or, at worst, start visiting more areas outside the Sword Coast in adventures so those areas can be updated in that manner. Once we know what this Red Wizards campaign covers, we might have a better idea if the latter is going to be happening if, say, we get a good rundown of Thay and vicinity in the book.

(But seriously, can we at least get the Eastern Heartlands - Cormyr, the Dalelands, Sembia, and the Moonsea - updated for 5e? That region is one of the best-known adventuring areas of the setting, and one where I ran many a campaign back in 2e days, and it's really, really overdue for a revisit).

Remove ads