• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) Why is Level Up Adv.5e NOT listed on the Fantasy Grounds site as a Ruleset?

gamemasterbob

Explorer
I purchased the Level Up products from SmiteWorks for my Fantasy Grounds unity program. But I just noticed that it’s not listed as a ruleset. When I attempted to start a campaign using Level Up, it wasn’t there. Level up isn’t a supplement, it is a stand alone rpg. So why isn’t it presented as such on the SmiteWorks site? Why is it I can’t make a Level Up campaign? I have to make a WotC 5e campaign and then incorporate the LU aspects once I’m in FG. Huh?

I’m just wondering if there’s some legal reason or something. Does anybody know? I think this matters. Level up is not an add-on it’s a standalone roleplaying game.

Bob

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
You'd have to ask them! Nothing to do with us, I'm afraid -- they're doing that all in-house. :)

kevbeck45

Explorer
I purchased the Level Up products from SmiteWorks for my Fantasy Grounds unity program. But I just noticed that it’s not listed as a ruleset. When I attempted to start a campaign using Level Up, it wasn’t there. Level up isn’t a supplement, it is a stand alone rpg. So why isn’t it presented as such on the SmiteWorks site? Why is it I can’t make a Level Up campaign? I have to make a WotC 5e campaign and then incorporate the LU aspects once I’m in FG. Huh?

I’m just wondering if there’s some legal reason or something. Does anybody know? I think this matters. Level up is not an add-on it’s a standalone roleplaying game.

Bob
If you haven't figured it out yet they put the Level Up stuff on top of the 5E stuff. You have to start a 5e campaign and load the modules. Make sure the extension is enabled. That should be in your list of extensions to the right. I have it and it works.

UngainlyTitan

Legend
Supporter

Bob
Coding, ruleset require a lot of coding. Mods trigger ruleset automation by use of keywords. They can create mods pretty efficiently but it takes a lot of developer time to do the automation for a ruleset.
At least that is my understanding. I am not a Smiteworks developer.

gamemasterbob

Explorer
Well, if they marketed LU properly, your logo would be coming up on store page in ”Officially Licensed Systems” But it is not. That sounds like it is worth an “interference” to me.
Level up can be to 5e what Pathfinder was the 3.5 - only better.
I don’t mean to be so pushy, but I think you should interfere. At least make sure they put your logo in that officially licensed systems area.
Can’t wait to get my books.

Last edited:

Remove ads