D&D 5E Will there be such a game as D&D Next?

Warbringer

Explorer
[MENTION=6688937]Ratskinner[/MENTION] .. my homebrew has excatly what you are talking about ... bloodied (50%); critical (90%); dying (110%); dead (150%) .. where the (%) is of max hit points.

Conditions are simply a reduction in action economy .. critical -1 action, dying -2 actions; player choice. Additionally, -3 Ongong Bleed at critical, -5 at dying ... characters can stabilse bleeding with a cure or stbilization.

For fun, each time a hero enters critical or dying they take a minor wound (-1 penalty to a stat check .. eg ... CHA, DEX etc, but o reduction in dependencies (hps, feat pre-req)). When a hero enters dying or a threshold damage hit (massive damage) then a major wound (effectively choose a condition from bestow curse ). This is meant to represent loss of limb or major injury effect.

Minors are removed at a rate of 1 per extended rest; major wounds with a major spell or quest (remove curse, regeneration, etc)

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I'm trying to remember where I saw it, but while surfing about the web last week I saw a blog post about a player electing to take a negative background in the 13th Age to represent a wound in order to get a bonus on his death saving throw. I really really like this. Flavor, Player Agency, Falling Forward, New Complication all at the same time. I dub it 'Raising a Life Flag'.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I'm trying to remember where I saw it, but while surfing about the web last week I saw a blog post about a player electing to take a negative background in the 13th Age to represent a wound in order to get a bonus on his death saving throw. I really really like this. Flavor, Player Agency, Falling Forward, New Complication all at the same time. I dub it 'Raising a Life Flag'.

My favorite wound mechanic I seen so far was mentioned here on En-World. It featured voluntary accepting a wound represented by a periodic reoccuring negative condition. The wound was aggravated if the first time in a round you rolled while performing a suitable activity a 1-2 (sloppy) or 19-20 (you pushed to hard), the condition re occurred. Conditions might range from knocked prone and slowed to weakened.

Remove ads