• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Wizards forums migration tool (reminder)

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Just for those who are transferring posts from the Wizards forums to here but not reading the Lifeboat threads...

I've made a Migration Tool that preserves most of the formatting (including colours & sblock text), although it strips out the black colour codes because of EN World's legacy format.

Find it here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?468980-Wizards-forums-migration-tool

Hope you find it of use!

Cheers!

It transferred some colors if done in one way, and not other colors if done in another way in the original post (I think it was if the original post said "red" it worked, but if it had a Pantone color number for red it did not, for example). So instead I transferred them using instructions on the WOTC boards from one of their admins. Those instructions are to hit the button in the upper left corner of a new post called "Switch Editor to WYSIWYG Mode" before pasting. That method does a good job of transferring the format, and does carry all types of colors.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Mistwell, could you give a link to a page which didn't transfer correctly?

I'll update my code.

Cheers!

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I've just updated the program to handle the (third) method the Wizards forums use to handle color...

Cheers!

Remove ads