• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[yb-meta] Named Locations/Real Locations

reiella

Explorer
Thought I came up with on March 32nd while playing a little joke on the chatroom (I changed out the real location table with something a bit more silly on the experimental generator).

Just thought it'd be kind of nice to be able to have/leave a lasting effect on the game world by being able to 'buy' a real location (independant of real item). Also limited to just one ... period.

Due to the 'legacy' factor would perfer to see it at Tier 4 or later only (possibly even later than that).

It would also result in a diminishing return on the purchaser (it comes up alot less often as more and more people 'buy' locations).

My initial thoughts were simply 5 yen (and this really will be an issue currently for just about everyone except Gray ;p) and get the 'cheasy' power of simply gaining a yen for when the location comes up in any fight's master's or any (used) move. Not a big boon, and would provide some means for us late tiers to actually get yen now that Gray has faded away.

I do feel the burden of tracking the yen for your own location should fall upon the fighter who bought it (load a fight, and hit Ctrl-F it isn't hard). Also maybe also consider it 'good form' for a fighter or judge to e-mail the location owner if they generate it (in the move or in the masters respectively), although by no means required...

Some other thoughts were maybe make it possible to purchase additional powers (have them limited to Tier, Max number = Current Tier - (Min Tier for Location) + 1. So a Tier 7 could buy 4 'powers' (at the incremental cost or possibly other formula) if the minimum level was Tier 4 for a location. Although quite honestly I have no suggestions/ideas for differnet powers (possibly a 'structure' benefit type for Honored/Yakuza, dunno). Suggestions, comments and thoughts.

I like the idea of named locations and I think 1 yen for getting them in a match is balanced. Since I don't know what the other minor powers are I really can't vote on them ;)

Remove ads